MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

32 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

plus Vick is back on the undercard where he belongs

I have very little idea why. Any fight that includes Niko Price is dynamite. Should be on the main card without a doubt. The fight before the co-main is two dudes no one knows about, you could drop that. Or the Luis Pena fight, Pena is a turd, idk why he's getting such a push

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wow very disappointed in JJ. I feel like she is in a weird place in her career where she’s been doing alot of talking before fights but not exactly winning. Moving up must have done something to her

shes 32 and had a dominant stretch as champ, shemayhave a been there done that attitude. she might just be ready for tge next stage in life.

and good for her but she has a couple of new additions that undoubtedly made her cut more difficult.

11 hours ago, JonStark said:

How do you embed tweets? 

just copy and paste the link/url

sometimes a thing will pop up after and ask if you want to display it as a link or original text (something like that), just hit keep it as text. 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

shes 32 and had a dominant stretch as champ, shemayhave a been there done that attitude. she might just be ready for tge next stage in life.

and good for her but she has a couple of new additions that undoubtedly made her cut more difficult.

Thats fine to be in that next stage but if you're still living the old life you have to respect the opponent. And yea you're right, she added weight she can't drop. Nothing wrong with doing that but given how small she was it definitely made that cut a lot tougher

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Now they're saying the fight is still on, and Joanna is going to try and make weight. Gonna be kinda bs for Waterson if JJ goes and misses weight anyway.

If JJ said she couldn't make weight this early, there's no chance she does right? Seems kind of crappy for Waterson because once she hears the fight is off, doesn't that change her whole mindset?

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Waterson because once she hears the fight is off, doesn't that change her whole mindset?

I don't think the fight was ever off. JJ just said she wouldn't make weight. Then tried to get a catch weight. Karate declined and JJ decided to do her best to make weight. 

man this upcoming fight night is actually legit af. so many interesting fights. also the Luis Pena fight is really well placed to go out and get some food, make some coffee, have a shower or do whatever I have to do without missing anything exciting.

Just remembered today that James Vick is moving up to 170. interested to see how this goes, but I'm tentatively thinking it might not go well. He relied so much on his size advantage at 155, and got knocked dead when he came up against guys (Gaethje, Hooker) who were able to nullify it and fight to his weaknesses. put a gun to my head, I think we might see a murder in the octagon when he fights Niko Price, but with Niko you never know either.

Honestly I don't like Vick, and he fights under & supports a POS racist coach, but I'd kinda like to see a bit of a resurgence from him. you need villains in this game.

Damn, UFC Boston is next week too. a few really interesting fights on that card. Weidman-Reyes of course (this fight could easily be a title eliminator). Stephens-Rodriguez, which is a lot more interesting now than when it was first booked. Hardy, Maycee Barber, Deron Winn and Molly McCann are all fighting too.

Hoping to hear a few Bawstan accents in the post fight interviews too. Shame we didn't get Kattar-Zabit on that card, Kattar's post-fight interview after punking Zabit would have been good