MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

On 10/10/2019 at 10:07 PM, Buckrock101 said:

I think we might see a murder in the octagon when he fights Niko Price, but with Niko you never know either.

I really can predict these things, huh.

and honestly if there was anyone in the UFC I would pick to win by upkick KO, it would be Niko Price. That is the most Niko Price finish of all time

interesting card all up.

Big wins for Chito Vera and Figuereido on the prelims. I'd like to see Figuereido vs Benavidez if Cejudo is going to defend the 135 belt.

Matt Frevola is a crazy tough SOB. Also that decision might be what it takes for Luis Pena to snap and turn into the Joker.

Dern's striking looked real rough, and she finally got exposed for it. Fair play to Ribas though she was sharp as hell.

What more needs to be said on Price vs Vick. Vick really has the worst KOs. He's been sent to the death realm three times in four fights now, in the space of just over a year. He really needs to take an extended break before he fights again (if he fights again), I think he's been coming back way too soon.

Swanson vs Gracie was madness. Gracie's striking looked awful. But while few things in life are certain, Cub Swanson getting into a brawl for no reason is something you can rely on. It's a bit of a shame Kron didn't seem to have any takedowns in his deck, it looked like his go-to was the pull guard to grabbing the ankles and sweep, and there was no plan B.

and the main event, Joanna looked back to her best. Super clean striking. She was wayyyy too big and powerful for Michelle too. Don't think Michelle has the size to really contend at 115.

10 hours ago, JonStark said:

Dern killed every one of my parlays. I was so confident when she made weight.

I'll say it again, I'm going to be in front of the TV for every Niko Price fight. 

No offense but betting on Dern's 1st fight back after having a baby was a major risk. She's carrying her weight very differently now