MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

alexander hernandez gonna be a champion, that dude's so good. 

cutelaba was fun as always.

remember when joanna looked like wanderlei back in the day? also was fighting a completely inept (at the time) striker in carla and then penne, so i guess that was just a product of circumstance. 

mein v. morono was a lot of fun too.

didn't realize how legit islam was tbh

solid card. 9/10. 

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Better card: Fight Night Calgary (the one taking place) or PPV 227?

tj v. cody still one of the anticipated fights they could put on, so im saying 227. but this card was ****in sensational. mix of names and obvious banger fights. 

not a lot to be excited for other than that. even brett johns was boring af his last fight. that might be a scrap tho. i dont buy moicano hype, think cub smashes him.

im still gonna begrudingly watch, but this the worst ppv in a minute looking at a whole. worst since 216 prolly. 

6 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

alexander hernandez gonna be a champion, that dude's so good. 

Disagree, right now he's totally relying on his physicality to overwhelm guys. Did it against Dariush with explosiveness, did it against OAM with physical wrestling. That's not going to last forever, especially in this division. 

His striking didn't look dangerous today to be honest. He outwrestled OAM, which was great, but he didn't do much more than hold him down. 

Just think it wasn't super impressive.

53 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Disagree, right now he's totally relying on his physicality to overwhelm guys. Did it against Dariush with explosiveness, did it against OAM with physical wrestling. That's not going to last forever, especially in this division. 

His striking didn't look dangerous today to be honest. He outwrestled OAM, which was great, but he didn't do much more than hold him down. 

Just think it wasn't super impressive.

Outwrestling a good wrestler is still impressive. The fact he is really young helps him. Eventually you need to be technical to be champ though but i look forward to seeing who they put him up against next

Thing about the fight is... The ref standing them up didn't cause Poirier to land on Eddie's chin. Ppl acting like the only reason the fight got stopped was because of the ref's decision. Once they were standing, it was an even playing field, and Poirier knocked him out fair and square.

• Like 3

I'm really impressed lately with Dustin's durability. A bunch of times when I've expected him to fade, he's come back stronger than ever. Going to deep waters with Gaethje, and now this fight, I thought he could have easily burned out his arms on the guillotine attempts.

To be honest, I think he might have a shot to beat Khabib if they fought. Would really love to see a rematch with Conor though.

• Like 1