MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Haha well...run it back!

Not sure who else makes sense. Josh Emmett? The Top-5 is too high for him right now imo but Stephens just lost

Don't think anyone is really too high for Renato right now. Let's not forget he had a super competitive fight against Ortega. He really only lost because he made a really bad tactical error by going for a takedown in the 3rd (he was quite possibly ahead 2-0 after the first two rounds).

Who he faces relies strongly on what's happening with Max. If Max is good to fight Ortega, Aldo-Moicano would be amazing. Otherwise maybe Moicano-Mendes. Or Bektic. So many great fights for him. or put him against Emmett if you want, but Renato will piece up Emmett badly.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:44 PM, BayRaider said:

TJ already beat Cruz. Watch that fight again. It's the second worst decision of all time if we are going by round-by-round scoring. TJ easily took 3 Rounds in that fight. This was also one of my favorite fights of all time. Absolute chess match by both men. 

Worst decision ever was one of the Edgar-Benson fights. I think it was the second one. Edgar won 4 rounds and lost lol. 

I had Cejudo winning 3 Rounds but it was a pretty close fight. I'm glad the judges didn't give it to Johnson just based on past merit. 

I haven't seen Cruz vs TJ in forever, but I don't remember disagreeing with the decision watching it live.

Worst decision ever for me is Hendricks vs GSP, followed closely by DJ vs Torres.

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

I haven't seen Cruz vs TJ in forever, but I don't remember disagreeing with the decision watching it live.

Worst decision ever for me is Hendricks vs GSP, followed closely by DJ vs Torres.

Forgot about Hendricks vs GSP.. was a pretty bad one. Also Hamill vs Bisping. 

Go watch Henderson vs Edgar II. If I remember correctly Benson won the first round and then four rounds of technical brillance by Edgar. 

Boxing takes bad decisions to a whole nother level though. That is why that sport is dying. 

11 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Don't think anyone is really too high for Renato right now. Let's not forget he had a super competitive fight against Ortega. He really only lost because he made a really bad tactical error by going for a takedown in the 3rd (he was quite possibly ahead 2-0 after the first two rounds).

Who he faces relies strongly on what's happening with Max. If Max is good to fight Ortega, Aldo-Moicano would be amazing. Otherwise maybe Moicano-Mendes. Or Bektic. So many great fights for him. or put him against Emmett if you want, but Renato will piece up Emmett badly.

I suppose. Him v Mendes would be a good matchup to make. Aldo might wait for Ortega if Max is out and thats a fight we wanna see plus who wants to see Mendes v Aldo again?

On 8/5/2018 at 12:50 AM, Mossburg said:

Disappointed in Garbrandt. Couldn't control his emotion and just tried to kill kill kill. I think if he's more patient and smart he's easily the better fighter.

I was hoping he'd be able to control that emotion after the first fight...guess not. Also anyone think that back surgery has anything to do with him not looking as good as he did against cruz??

On 8/6/2018 at 12:08 PM, BayRaider said:

Forgot about Hendricks vs GSP.. was a pretty bad one. Also Hamill vs Bisping. 

Go watch Henderson vs Edgar II. If I remember correctly Benson won the first round and then four rounds of technical brillance by Edgar. 

Boxing takes bad decisions to a whole nother level though. That is why that sport is dying. 

Although I was pulling forHendo that night, I was surprised he won tbh.

6 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was hoping he'd be able to control that emotion after the first fight...guess not. Also anyone think that back surgery has anything to do with him not looking as good as he did against cruz??

Idk if i buy the back stuff. Either he is hurt or he isn’t. I think he just let his emotions get the best of him again and i was rooting for him too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I remember thinking the Maynard v edgar 2 fight that ended in a draw was a horrible decision...maynard battered him for the first 2 rounds in a 10 8 or 10 7 type of way...and somehow it was a draw...altho Frankie showed great resiliency in even coming back

Disagree, that was the first draw I ever scored. Maynard only had one 10-8, a 10-9, and Edgar won three rounds 10-9. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

greg hardy is gonna be so fun to watch 

I haven't seen such an ugly striking exchange between heavyweights since Toughman Competitions when off the air. He's nothing tbh. He'll get obliterated against any real MMA fighter.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I haven't seen such an ugly striking exchange between heavyweights since Toughman Competitions when off the air. He's nothing tbh. He'll get obliterated against any real MMA fighter.

better athlete than anyone out there. natural freak KO power. he's gonna beat some names i reckon. honestly think he beats most HW's not in the top 10 right now. i'd even lean him over tybura who's 9 right now.