All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

8 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not sure what her contract status is but I figured she will stay till that expires.

If she even goes.  It's not like husbands and wives haven't worked for different promotions in the past.  Also, I have a hard time seeing AEW hiring a female talent who isn't also an in-ring talent.  They've never been ones to lean towards the "female interviewer" or even a backstage interviewer model (ROH barely does it, NJPW uses backstage interviewers but they're largely just props to hold the mic).  If they spend money on bringing in Renee when better commentators (who can also provide more experience in other backstage aspects) like Jim Ross or Matt Stryker are available, they'd be foolish.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Nia with some major heat backstage for injuring r-truth

A decent amount of that "heat" is likely a work.  She's already out on Twitter soaking it up.  Not sure how much I agree with going out there and soaking up heat for injuring your coworkers (unless this is a worked injury for Truth - which it could be since I doubt they put the US Title on him if he's hurt, unless it's just the severity that's a work).  Sure, it's easy cheap heat now, but it's a legitimately slippery slope because you're basically encouraging someone who actually has injured coworkers in the past to work (or at least make it look like you're working) recklessly.  Only way I see this working out well if that's the angle they're going with is that they run an angle where Nia's recklessness results in a worked injury for herself (like a broken ankle or something) that allows her to take time off to go brush up on her skills at the PC.

Otherwise, she's in a position where traditional "receipts" aren't exactly going to work on her (it was a similar thing with Andre where he was just so big that only legitimate tough guys like Bad News Brown - who was a judo champion - would give him receipts for potatoes and such).  Outside of Natty or maybe Shayna, when she comes up, stretching her, who on the female roster is legitimately going to step to her.  I suppose Ronda, but she's handled so tightly that they almost certainly don't want the bad pub blowing back on her.  I suppose Sonya Deville would be a good candidate for that job too, especially if they want to push her (they clearly do) and do this worked injury (and use it to help get someone over).  Pretty sure Sonya's used an ankle lock in the past, hasn't she?

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

A decent amount of that "heat" is likely a work.  She's already out on Twitter soaking it up.  Not sure how much I agree with going out there and soaking up heat for injuring your coworkers (unless this is a worked injury for Truth - which it could be since I doubt they put the US Title on him if he's hurt, unless it's just the severity that's a work).  Sure, it's easy cheap heat now, but it's a legitimately slippery slope because you're basically encouraging someone who actually has injured coworkers in the past to work (or at least make it look like you're working) recklessly.  Only way I see this working out well if that's the angle they're going with is that they run an angle where Nia's recklessness results in a worked injury for herself (like a broken ankle or something) that allows her to take time off to go brush up on her skills at the PC.

Otherwise, she's in a position where traditional "receipts" aren't exactly going to work on her (it was a similar thing with Andre where he was just so big that only legitimate tough guys like Bad News Brown - who was a judo champion - would give him receipts for potatoes and such).  Outside of Natty or maybe Shayna, when she comes up, stretching her, who on the female roster is legitimately going to step to her.  I suppose Ronda, but she's handled so tightly that they almost certainly don't want the bad pub blowing back on her.  I suppose Sonya Deville would be a good candidate for that job too, especially if they want to push her (they clearly do) and do this worked injury (and use it to help get someone over).  Pretty sure Sonya's used an ankle lock in the past, hasn't she?

Whatculture made it seem like it wasnt a work and truth was legitimately pissed off back stage. That was confirmed by Jerry Lawler.

I havent been paying to much attention. But. Becky is acting hurt. And refusing to go to a doctor is the way theyre going to get Charlotte in the mania ME?

Booker always got credit for his WCW Championships, one of which came by beating Double J. Yet Jeff is on air and all he gets is nonstop mentions of Intercontinental title holds as if he wasnt multiple time WCW Champion. Hate that. Double J is a national wrestling treasure.

Am surprised after the fuss at RR about dude having to take off a AEW shirt. How often they zoomed in on Bullet Club and Omega shirts during Raw.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I havent been paying to much attention. But. Becky is acting hurt. And refusing to go to a doctor is the way theyre going to get Charlotte in the mania ME?

Booker always got credit for his WCW Championships, one of which came by beating Double J. Yet Jeff is on air and all he gets is nonstop mentions of Intercontinental title holds as if he wasnt multiple time WCW Champion. Hate that. Double J is a national wrestling treasure.

Am surprised after the fuss at RR about dude having to take off a AEW shirt. How often they zoomed in on Bullet Club and Omega shirts during Raw.

Because Vince is in Michael Cole's headset and Vince doesn't acknowledge WCW after he bought it.  "IWGP" gets more mentions on WWE commentary than WCW does.

The way they're working to get Charlotte into the Mania main event (this has been the main storyline - particularly compared to the amount of TV time Brock/Seth is getting, so I feel pretty confident in projecting the Women's Threeway to close the show) works and will push Becky over as a babyface even more (not that she needs it).  But I feel like they're also doing this trying to re-frame Ronda as a face figuring that Charlotte getting inserted will get her nuclear heel heat (which it will), making Ronda the de facto babyface in the interim (this was, sadly, the same logic used with "Bluetista"...).  Instead, I can definitely see more live crowds than not just booing both of them - even though it's pretty clear that Becky's injury is a work meant to build her climb up the mountain even more - if for no other reason than you've got a vocal segment of the crowd that are (for lack of a better word) trolls and get a kick out of the fact that they can rattle talent on the mic.  They'll get the end result payoff they want (in terms of Becky), but there were other paths they could have gone that probably would have served Ronda better - depending on the long-term plan for this year for her.

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I dont mind charlotee being included in the triple threat. They're the 3 biggest woman wrestlers on the show. We never got to see Rock v Austin v Triple H at mania and wwe missed out big time.

She should carry her own feud into Mania. Not piggyback on a already quality matchup. Like tossing Piper in the Steamboat/Macho mania match. Instead of his own great feud with Adonis in that Hair vs Hair match.

Charlotte being put into that match is just a way for them to get the belt off Rousey without her eating a pin. They’re going to protect Rousey for a long time, and no way are they going to let her eat a pin this early into her career. 

Archived