Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

24 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Crazy we're this deep into the draft and have not taken an edge. 

I think the edge class kinda sucked, especially w/ Landry's apparent injury issues.

I'd rather have Alexander and a '19 first (even w/ Josh Jackson) than Davenport. Not much else to like this year IMO. Crappy depth.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I think the edge class kinda sucked, especially w/ Landry's apparent injury issues.

Isn't next year's edge class kinda loaded too?  I count Little Bosa, Rashan Gary, Ferrell from Clemson, Davidson from Auburn, Brian Burns, and Walker from Georgia as guys who could be in that 1st round conversation.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Isn't next year's edge class kinda loaded too?  I count Little Bosa, Rashan Gary, Ferrell from Clemson, Davidson from Auburn, Brian Burns, and Walker from Georgia as guys who could be in that 1st round conversation.

no clue, i hardly know the guys in the draft this year. Just know I've been trying to find edge guys I like and haven't had any luck outside of Davenport and Landry.

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Next years edge class will be the best of the last 5 years

31 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Crazy we're this deep into the draft and have not taken an edge. 

I kind of think the time has passed.  Are the guys left right now any better than Biegel, Gilbert, Fackrel, or Odom? Or one more year of Brooks? I wanted a pass rusher, but I wanted a future starter.  At this point we probably aren't getting those types so why not try to add players that may contribute at other positions?

Archived