Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

You? A meltdown? That doesn't sound right! ;)

I agree with you though. He's a blue chip prospect and he's the best defensive prospect in the draft. Everyone should feel good about the player. You could argue about passing Rosen (agreed, to an extent) but man, Chubb isn't a slouch. If they took Denzel Ward I'd be way more furious.

I think a lot of us, myself most certainly included, got excited about that shiny new QB prospect (whomever it was, for some of us it was Allen, for some Mayfield, for most Rosen, I think all of us would have been happy with Darnold), but if you told me six months ago when we were in the midst of the worst stretch this team has seen since the McDisaster that we'd get the best defensive player in the draft, a day-one difference-maker, a locker room leader and someone everyone in the community is going to love as both a person and a player, I'd I have rose my glass. We all should. What do the kids say these days? #GetAChubbyForChubb

Just now, broncos67 said:

What a first round. Holy moly. And there's a lotta talent sitting out there waiting.

OL - James Daniels (C), Will Hernandez (G), Connor Williams (G)

TE - Dallas Goedert (TE) - the next Ertz-ceiling player.

CB - Oliver, Davis, Jackson

Frankly, we'd be SO UNLUCKY if the next 7 picks went with those 7 guys.   We stick to that list, I'd argue we got a top 30 player (Davis being the last guy who might not be).  

So excited for 2.40.   

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think a lot of us, myself most certainly included, got excited about that shiny new QB prospect (whomever it was, for some of us it was Allen, for some Mayfield, for most Rosen, I think all of us would have been happy with Darnold), but if you told me six months ago when we were in the midst of the worst stretch this team has seen since the McDisaster that we'd get the best defensive player in the draft, a day-one difference-maker, a locker room leader and someone everyone in the community is going to love as both a person and a player, I'd I have rose my glass. We all should. What do the kids say these days? #GetAChubbyForChubb

I loved Darnold and Rosen. Barkley was my #1 guy, then Chubb. Then Nelson. We landed the right guy at the right time. That hasn't always been the case with Elway. 

Just now, broncofan48 said:

Be interested to hear everyone’s round 2-3 big board 

Best players available imo:

Will Hernandez, Guard, UTEP

James Daniels, Guard, Iowa

Josh Jackson, Corner, Iowa

Harold Landry, Defensive End, Boston College (But no way we go edge again)

Courtland Sutton, Wide Receiver, SMU

Connor Williams, Tackle, Texas

Derrius Guice, Running Back, LSU

Isaiah Oliver, Corner, Colorado

Dallas Goedert, Tight End, South Dakota State

Austin Corbett, Guard, Nevada

Really looking for one of these guys at 40

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

OL - James Daniels (C), Will Hernandez (G), Connor Williams (G)

TE - Dallas Goedert (TE) - the next Ertz-ceiling player.

CB - Oliver, Davis, Jackson

Frankly, we'd be SO UNLUCKY if the next 7 picks went with those 7 guys.   We stick to that list, I'd argue we got a top 30 player (Davis being the last guy who might not be).  

So excited for 2.40.   

No dj chark please

4 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Lots of good talent left. CB, OL, Goedart, RB - should be able to get a solid impact player and good value with our next pick.  Looking forward to it.  

Frankly, I'm worried we'd go Ronald Jones.  I wouldn't want that.  Unless the 7 guys above went, we should be going with OL (Williams, Hernandez, Daniels) / CB (Jackson, Oliver, Davis) / TE Goedert (EDIT: EDGE Landry).   Their impact is top-30 player.  

RB still has Guice, John Kelly, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman left.  I'd take Kelly & Chubb ahead of Jones - and I know one of those guys should be there at 3.7, and maybe 3.99.   We can't say the same about CB or OL or Goedert.  

EDIT:  TOTALLY forgot about Harold Landry.  That seals it.  Landry was a top 20 guy.  He and Hernandez are the top 2 guys left.  3 OL, 3 CB's, Goedert and Landry.  BOOM - 8 guys.   Elway, do NOT reach for a WR (and I'd argue don't reach for RB, either).  Wait for Rd3 there. 

Just now, broncos67 said:

I loved Darnold and Rosen. Barkley was my #1 guy, then Chubb. Then Nelson. We landed the right guy at the right time. That hasn't always been the case with Elway. 

Agreed 100%. I still thought Elway was going to swing for the fences once more with a QB. With Rosen and Allen both on the board, both of whom I think are/were safer picks than Mayfield, I was a bit shocked. I think from here on out we can trust the beat guys, they said if not Mayfield or Darnold it was a position player or trade down. They were right. 

That said, I can't fault the Chubb pick one bit and I absolutely  love it.   

Archived