Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I'll also say from the list I just posted, Sutton is my lowest ranked first round grade and Williams is my top second round player so Sutton or one of the guys above him would be ideal.

I like Sutton, but there's also Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Gallup that I'd be thrilled to have as well.   Plus several others I'd be OK with.  G Hernandez, T Williams would have a big dropoff (C Daniels is great but not likely a G).   Oliver & Jackson would be fantastic future CB's.    And Goedert would give us a TE weapon we've not had ceiling-wise since Sharpe.  Yes, way higher than even Orange Julius.

5 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Best players available imo:

Will Hernandez, Guard, UTEP

James Daniels, Guard, Iowa

Josh Jackson, Corner, Iowa

Harold Landry, Defensive End, Boston College (But no way we go edge again)

Courtland Sutton, Wide Receiver, SMU

Connor Williams, Tackle, Texas

Derrius Guice, Running Back, LSU

Isaiah Oliver, Corner, Colorado

Dallas Goedert, Tight End, South Dakota State

Austin Corbett, Guard, Nevada

Really looking for one of these guys at 40

Had all those in my top 30, so yeah, loving going BPA.  

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

the god 

I'm just glad he's not on NE.   I really think NE would have been terrifying with him as their successor.   Mason Rudolph, not so much.  

Michel there is sick.  You know I love the guy.   He's going to be the #2 fantasy back now in rookie drafts.   Adding Wynn and Michel helps Brady so much.

16 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

So life gets in the way every now and then. Good thing we made the right pick and I didn't have to have melt down because I wouldn't have had time to post it, haha. 

Firstly, anyone complaining about the Chubb pick needs to shut up. He's the best defensive player in the draft and was a steal at No. 5 overall. He's a better and more complete player than the guy who was taken at No. 1 overall last year (not to mention this year, lol). He is a difference-maker who will make us a better football team from day one. There will be no locker room problems from the veterans (who would have groused if we took at QB) and that is big. By not taking a QB, and signing one two months they profess to believe in, Vance has no excuses. For those to us who feel Vance is an awful head coach, he and his apologists doesn't have any excuses if he fails to produce a winning team this year. 

You forgot one of the best things. He'll be learning from the best position coach on the staff. Kolar will get more out of him than anyone else. Chubbs potential should be maximized.

Just now, Broncofan said:

I'm just glad he's not on NE.   I really think NE would have been terrifying with him as their successor.   Mason Rudolph, not so much.  

Michel there is sick.  You know I love the guy.   He's going to be the #2 fantasy back now in rookie drafts. 

I'm liking penny too and I don't know why

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Elway better not botch another second round pick 

He has ZERO excuse if he does.   Look at that list.   He only just has to go off a big board and get either Goedert, Landry (who I don't think will be there), or get one of the top 3 OL left, or a CB with first-round talent.   And he loves C, and he wants to upgrade O, no better way than OL or difference-making TE.   Butt and Goedert would suddenly make our O more diverse, and it's great insurance in case Butt doesn't get enough athleticism back from his 2nd ACL injury.

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Mark Walton in the second would be nice

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

LMAO what? Absolutely not. What about Walton do you like?

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Cuts on a dime change of direction speed miami rb. Um I think he can do it all.

But look at the RB-left list:

Guice

Chubb

Jones

Kelly

Freeman

Ballage

Walton

Chase Edmonds

I would NEVER reach for a RB Rd2 given that list.  We can get a RB at 3.7, and probably even 3.99.   Wait it out.  Get a premium top 30 player at a premium (CB, OL, TE) position where the talent dropoff is MUCH more severe.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

But look at the RB-left list:

Guice

Chubb

Jones

Kelly

Freeman

Ballage

Walton

Chase Edmonds

I would NEVER reach for a RB Rd2 given that list.  We can get a RB at 3.7, and probably even 3.99.   Wait it out.  Get a premium top 30 player at a premium (CB, OL, TE) position where the talent dropoff is MUCH more severe.

In the 4thhh?? Meant to say in the 4th lol

Archived