2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

"I worry more about how he will hold up as an NFL tackler because of how thin he is. I'm not worried about the coverage part at all. He's been challenged by big guys, fast guys and big fast guys in that conference and he's done really well against all of them." -- former NFL defensive backs coach

Just now, TKellion said:

Thats more like it,maybe I wont ignore so many of your posts then

After 15 plus years on the footballs future and 35 years of feeling the way I do about Redskins players and my hopes that they can always be better than they probably are, I’m not changing just like I wouldnt expect any of you pessimists to change either. ;)

Am I the only one concerned about WR depth?

Doctson, Richardson, and Crowder could be a solid trio of starters, but they’re all rather injury prone. And behind them, what are we really working with here? Brian Quick, Maurice Harris, and Robert Davis? Three big, bulky receivers who can’t really separate and thrive on contested balls — in other words, exactly the wrong kind of receivers to outfit Alex Smith with.

I can’t hate on any of their picks, they all went to legitimate needs. But damn...I really thought they would actively target another slot type receiver, given how much Smith leans on those types of players. If Crowder goes down for any period of time, we could be in a pretty awkward position trying to replace him. 

EDIT: Given the foregoing, I would respectfully suggest Trey Quinn or Deontay Burnett for the last pick. 

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Am I the only one concerned about WR depth?

Doctson, Richardson, and Crowder could be a solid trio of starters, but they’re all rather injury prone. And behind them, what are we really working with here? Brian Quick, Maurice Harris, and Robert Davis? Three big, bulky receivers who can’t really separate and thrive on contested balls — in other words, exactly the wrong kind of receivers to outfit Alex Smith with.

I can’t hate on any of their picks, they all went to legitimate needs. But damn...I really thought they would actively target another slot type receiver, given how much Smith leans on those types of players. If Crowder goes down for any period of team, we could be in a pretty awkward position trying to replace him. 

EDIT: Given the foregoing, I would respectfully suggest Trey Quinn or Deontay Burnett for the last pick. 

Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll sign Dez Bryant... 

Archived