2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

6 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Tate would give Doctson a kick in the rear too. Cobbs is no monster  but he works hard and runs decent routes. McFadden is a corner from Florida State so he has to be good. 

I think Doctson is going to break out this year. He was close to it last year, there’s a handful of possible catches - 3 or 4 of which would’ve been TDs - that I’m sure he wants back and hopefully he makes those catches this year and ends up with 10 TDs.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You don’t like Orlando Franklin as a stop gap?

If we were gonna get the Broncos version, I’d feel great about him. 

But I’m afraid we’ll get the (got paid) version who stunk it up in San Diego, got cut after a week (in the offseason!) in New Orleans, and got cut after a week here despite the fact that we were running Catalina and Bergstrom and Kouandjio out there at that point. 

I like having him on the roster, in case he rediscovers whatever it is that he’s lost. But I think the odds are substantially higher that he gets cut after training camp than that he emerges as a viable starter for us. 

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we were gonna get the Broncos version, I’d feel great about him. 

But I’m afraid we’ll get the (got paid) version who stunk it up in San Diego, got cut after a week (in the offseason!) in New Orleans, and got cut after a week here despite the fact that we were running Catalina and Bergstrom and Kouandjio out there at that point. 

I like having him on the roster, in case he rediscovers whatever it is that he’s lost. But I think the odds are substantially higher that he gets cut after training camp than that he emerges as a viable starter for us. 

Probably right damn it! ?  One good thing that isin his favor for this offseason vs last season is that he’s going to be here all offseason so he can work in the offseason, learn and develop into our offense. He was behind the curve in knowing the offseason last year when he got here obviously because Kouandjio, Catalina and even Kalis knew  the offense already.

Franklin isn’t a center so I’m not concerned that he wasn’t kept over Bergstrom, but they did re-sign Franklin before Bergstrom this offseason.

Hopefully he can be our next reclamation project like Will Blackmon, Mason Foster and Ziggy Hood were. 

Mr.Irrelevant

Jalen Davis-CB-USU(im a homer cause I'm currently attending usu and should be studying for finals haha,but very good slot guy, very quick).

or 

Matthew Thomas-LB-FSU(also a homer cause I'm a FSU fan, but very fast and hard hitting backer who can cover).

6 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Mr.Irrelevant

Jalen Davis-CB-USU(im a homer cause I'm currently attending usu and should be studying for finals haha,but very good slot guy, very quick).

or 

Matthew Thomas-LB-FSU(also a homer cause I'm a FSU fan, but very fast and hard hitting backer who can cover).

I’d love to get either of them.

Utah State? Ok Cooley! I didn’t know you were a member of the board! ;)

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Holly crap an LSU qb just got drafted by LSU! I didn’t realize they still played that position at LSU! ? 

Belichick was thinkin, "Nobody thinks I have a sense of humor... Well... Watch me draft a LSU qb."

1 minute ago, ovfd55 said:

As a UVA fan I'm shocked Quin Blanding still on the board,would think he a perfect backup box saftey/starter if needed and great Special teams game tackler.

Kiser went in the fourth, Brown in the 5th ... but Blanding could conceivably be a UDFA. Who'd of thunk it?

10 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Belichick was thinkin, "Nobody thinks I have a sense of humor... Well... Watch me draft a LSU qb."

Hilarious, and watch him turn into a good back up because of how well they coach up and develop players.

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Kiser went in the fourth, Brown in the 5th ... but Blanding could conceivably be a UDFA. Who'd of thunk it?

Teams were scared off because of his lack of speed. I disagree on that, he’s a solid football player and a playmaker. I’d love to draft him this round or get him as an udfa.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hilarious, and watch him turn into a good back up because of how well they coach up and develop players.

I kept telling people Etling's not so bad... his pass pro and primitive scheme thrown at him was teh suxxorz. 

Archived