2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

No, not the good ones.

New England.  Are they are Good One ?  The 29th ranked Defense. AND what do they do ? They draft  an Offensive Tackle and a Running back.. So two rookies starting in key spots and a 41 y o Q B .. Then they reach bigtime for a corner . 

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

New England.  Are they are Good One ?  The 29th ranked Defense. AND what do they do ? They draft  an Offensive Tackle and a Running back.. So two rookies starting in key spots and a 41 y o Q B .. Then they reach bigtime for a corner . 

Their scoring defense was top 10. Yards don’t mean ish if the opposing team can’t score.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

No, not the good ones.

Yes they do in the salary cap era.

The Pats just took a player in round 1 to be a LT that most people question if he fits at LT, most had him pegged as a guard.

The Steelers have questionmarks at ROLB, ILB and TE.

The Eagles don’t have question marks  because Wentz is on his rookie deal still. That’s the only team that I can think of that really doesn’t have any holes because their QB isn’t making top $ and he’s good to great. 

Vikings?

So the Pats have a question at one position? That seems okay to me...

Falcons?

Jags outside of Bortles? Obviously a BIG question, but just one. Maybe WR.

Rams?

All have 1 or 2 questions definitely, but not a laundry list like was mentioned for the Skins.

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Vikings?

So the Pats have a question at one position? That seems okay to me...

Falcons?

Jags outside of Bortles? Obviously a BIG question, but just one. Maybe WR.

Rams?

All have 1 or 2 questions definitely, but not a laundry list like was mentioned for the Skins.

Vikings still have a questionable OL. Keenum made them look better than they were because he moves well in the pocket etc. 

The Pats have questions at their #2 corner spot after not keeping Butler, at Lb besides Hightower (who’s coming off an injury) and their pass rush isn’t great.

The falcons OL is a question mark except for Mack.

The rams traded away their best pass rusher and their best ILB. They have serious questions there.

What laundry list do the Redskins have? They have a question mark at LG and #2 corner I guess but I don’t think that’s as big of an issue as many make it out to be because they have 3 talented guys jockeying for the starting job.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If we are going to be successful in offense this year, these are the two that gotta be balling. Best thing to help our D is score points and control the clock.

11 hours ago, Eric said:

If we are going to be successful in offense this year, these are the two that gotta be balling. Best thing to help our D is score points and control the clock.

I’d say the best thing for our D is for our O to win the possession battle. We do that by running the ball better, not having as many costly fumbles or ints just at the worst times. Cousins didn’t throw a lot of ints his last 3 years in DC but he did seem to have an int or fumble at the worst times. Crowder really needs to rebound; I can’t stress enough how we need him to be the 2016 Crowder who never seemed to make one mistake ... PERIOD. 

Alex Smith isn’t quite the pocket passer that Kirk is - but it’s close that most people want to admit. Alex he does everything else better than Kirk - especially with taking care of the ball - and taking care of the ball leads to wins. Part of the reason we won a few more games in 2015 than in 16&17 was less turnovers.

Ive said it for 2 months now, Alex had 14 less turnovers than Kirk last year. If you don’t think that makes a difference in wins in losses then you need to take the blinders off.

Archived