2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

No, because we had starting caliber players in front of them.

• 2014 we had Orakpo so Murphy didn’t start

• 2015 we had Murphy do Smith didn’t start until the very end of the season and the playoff game

• 2016 we played Sua out of position. He actually should have started at safety all year over Bruton, Ihenacho and of course Whitner 

• 2017 we had Smith and Galette (who we couldn’t count on) at OLB. 

Of course if we had taken a DL or RB in round 2 in each of the last 2 drafts they would have started. If we had talent a DL  like Tuitt in 2014, like we should have instead of trading down he would have started. And of course if we had taken Cunningham last year at ILB he would have ended up starting.

1 hit wonder, guy who hasn't broken out, guy who quit and we traded, guy who didn't play. lol picks.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Having gotten Payne, we have other pressing needs to get I think.

A beast DL rotation is the best way to frustrate QB’s and a run game. Phillips and Payne would be huge to clogging up lanes. Also I think you could start Phillips Payne and Allen as your base and that is a space eating 3 man front that can just shut run lanes down

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

1 hit wonder, guy who hasn't broken out, guy who quit and we traded, guy who didn't play. lol picks.

Wait, but that wast the argument. The argument was they have to be year 1 starters and league wide, most aren’t especially when you have starters in place in front of them.

Just now, taylor made said:

If Skins wanted Guice - I think they would have just picked him before they traded down. Don't get your hopes up

probably, but I MUST... keep the slim hope alive a few minutes moar!!!!!

Archived