Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

3 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Hue should be fired for saying he will announce next week's QB on monday.  

Nah, I get this one actually. Losing a starting job due to injury hurts man. This gives them time to let Tyrod recover a little before making the announcement. Hue handled it badly, should've said, "We are enjoying the win right now, we'll get back to work for next week's game and I'll let you know as soon as I've told the team and made sure everyone involved gets to talk to me about it in person." or something like that. But the decision to delay announcing who the starter is, that's a professional courtesy to Tyrod and, bad as he's been this year, it's the classy move.

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Nah, I get this one actually. Losing a starting job due to injury hurts man. This gives them time to let Tyrod recover a little before making the announcement. Hue handled it badly, should've said, "We are enjoying the win right now, we'll get back to work for next week's game and I'll let you know as soon as I've told the team and made sure everyone involved gets to talk to me about it in person." or something like that. But the decision to delay announcing who the starter is, that's a professional courtesy to Tyrod and, bad as he's been this year, it's the classy move.

Yeah he should of had a better plan than I'll watch the tape. 

The tape was pretty freaking obvious.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah he should of had a better plan than I'll watch the tape. 

The tape was pretty freaking obvious.

“I’ll watch the tape” has been his Coach-speak for two-plus seasons now. At times it really does come across as unintelligent, when fans at home eating potato chips don’t need to watch the tape to see the problem. I get the courtesy on a formal announcement, but his answers really don’t help the perception of him. 

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

“I’ll watch the tape” has been his Coach-speak for two-plus seasons now. At times it really does come across as unintelligent, when fans at home eating potato chips don’t need to watch the tape to see the problem. I get the courtesy on a formal announcement, but his answers really don’t help the perception of him. 

Yeah. A bill belichick denial is better. I think he is right to avoid the question  as tyrod has just had a concussion. 

If there wasn't that 1% chance that Hue announces that Tyrod is the starter next week I think we would all be cool with what Hue says. His decisions have left that window open, even if just slightly, that he could make the decision to go back to Taylor.

I'm sure we all strongly believe Baker will start against the Raiders but we aren't sure even though there is no reason not to be. Hue's past failures scare us that he may make future failures. So protect Taylor's feelings about something he already knows or show the fans that we have turned a corner and there is no reason to suspect that your head coach will make the wrong decision.

28 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If there wasn't that 1% chance that Hue announces that Tyrod is the starter next week I think we would all be cool with what Hue says. His decisions have left that window open, even if just slightly, that he could make the decision to go back to Taylor.

I'm sure we all strongly believe Baker will start against the Raiders but we aren't sure even though there is no reason not to be. Hue's past failures scare us that he may make future failures. So protect Taylor's feelings about something he already knows or show the fans that we have turned a corner and there is no reason to suspect that your head coach will make the wrong decision.

He probably gets fired by the owner himself if that happens.

Archived