Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

34 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I like the player but better value could of been obtained with a trade back.

They said the browns tried to explore a trade back to create better value by getting some picks and Ward. When the trade wasn’t there or worth it, they took Ward. The browns really wanted Ward, shows you how highly they had him rated. 

20 hours ago, bruceb said:

Cannot root for this organization any more.

I grew up rooting for a team led by Paul Brown, who not only was wildly successful and innovative but a gentleman who conducted himself with and demanded from his team the utmost dignity.

Now we have "Hee-haw" Haslam, Hueball "Clhueless" Jackson, and Dorsey the dolt, dunderhead, dummy, etc. (feel free to add to so long as they begin with "D"), and, fittingly, "Hee-hee" as our QBOTF.

This is not the Browns I blindly have followed since I was a child.

And most certainly not a team I wish any longer to follow.

Lots of better ways to use my time.

you forgot joe banner he was afraid a guy that had 4 college sacks was going to be gone

I haven't been this excited in ahwhile. I understand the attitude reservations but other than the police run in, he seems to be a geniunely  good dude. I mean he is cocky and arrogant but if you read up on some of the stories on his interactions with terminally ill children,  you can see the heart. 

Playing wise I don't have many concerns. The height thing didn't cause him many problems in college and that doesn't concern me that much. His accuracy and reported intelligence are the two things i'm most excited about. Not to mention he has an above average arm. 

I hated the manziel pick when it happened and even though people compare the two, this feels nothing like that. 

Too bad we are going to f this up and reach on a Tackle and take Nick Chubb in a bit, who i think is probably behind at least 2 other backs i'd rather have. Hope to get Sutton or Miller at WR. They are tied to Chark who is just OK. Hope i'm wrong. 

20 hours ago, bruceb said:

Cannot root for this organization any more.

I grew up rooting for a team led by Paul Brown, who not only was wildly successful and innovative but a gentleman who conducted himself with and demanded from his team the utmost dignity.

Now we have "Hee-haw" Haslam, Hueball "Clhueless" Jackson, and Dorsey the dolt, dunderhead, dummy, etc. (feel free to add to so long as they begin with "D"), and, fittingly, "Hee-hee" as our QBOTF.

This is not the Browns I blindly have followed since I was a child.

And most certainly not a team I wish any longer to follow.

Lots of better ways to use my time.

Dorsey Daddy

23 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Watching that video and watching his highlights. Landry has to be excited. With how quick he likes to get the ball out. Landry might have another 100+ catch season with Mayfield. 

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Watching that video and watching his highlights. Landry has to be excited. With how quick he likes to get the ball out. Landry might have another 100+ catch season with Mayfield. 

Yeah that's his game. Kosar would love him. Find the mismatch and take advantage of it. I'd really like to see him somehow work with Bernie, even though they seem nothing alike (besides beer?) their games seem to be centered around the same idea.

6 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Not to mention he has an above average arm. 

I really don't know how much it really means but only Josh Allen has thrown with more velocity at the combine.Baker was 59 mph one direction and 60 the other. There have been a few others who threw 60 but only Allen exceeded it. Lamar Jackson didn't break 50 (neither did Watson last year for the record). Kizer was at 52 and 52. He certainly has the zip. He also showed a good deep ball with accuracy in college. I don't think his arm will hold him back at all and should be a great strength. So I'd say a good or great arm not simply above average. We'll see when he hits the field though, that is the real test.

Archived