6th Round Pick (207th Overall): Equanimeous St. Brown [WR; Notre Dame]

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Chances are they don't think that much of Clark being able to make a leap in year 2, 3, 4. 

Doubt this pick had anything to do with Clark.  A player with plus physical traits was available in RD6, so GB snapped him up.  I can't claim to be as high on ESB as many on this board seem to be, but it looks like a pretty good pick at this point in the draft.  Likely as not, there will be much gnashing of teeth when his lack of intensity shows up when the pads go on in camp.

22 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

Aight someone break it down for me. Why are we so excited about a guy that repeatedly got passed up for 5 rounds and played at one of the most overrated college programs in recent memory? Is it just height-weight-speed? (No, haven't watched him)

Most played out opinion in awhile, ND being an overrated program.

Just now, IrishGreen said:

what's nuts is i'd only say 3 WRs are locks to make this roster (adams, cobb, allison)

everyone that's not those 3 has a great opportunity

Allison isn't a lock IMO. Could EASILY get outplayed by Moore and ESB and potentially outplayed by another younger guy or two.

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

what's nuts is i'd only say 3 WRs are locks to make this roster (adams, cobb, allison)

everyone that's not those 3 has a great opportunity

what's even more nuts is that two of those three are not very good

I honestly don’t even think Allison is a lock anymore.

The amount of WRs taken tells me they see this position as a major weakness.  Allison better bring everything he’s got to the competitin, and I think Davis is all but gone.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Allison isn't a lock IMO. Could EASILY get outplayed by Moore and ESB and potentially outplayed by another younger guy or two.

yea i almost didn't include him, but his familiarity with the packers puts him in that group IMO. 

but that said, wouldn't be shocked to see him gone either. and i could see one of the rookies beating him on the depth chart. 

never been a fan of yancey either. thought that was a reach last year. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yep. Allison did nothing last year to show that he has any kind of job security on the roster

32 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

Aight someone break it down for me. Why are we so excited about a guy that repeatedly got passed up for 5 rounds and played at one of the most overrated college programs in recent memory? Is it just height-weight-speed? (No, haven't watched him)

Aight clearly this post has gone down as well as a Gefilte fish and anchovy smoothie. So lemme try again. 

(1) Yes I'm a ND hater so I couldnt resist

(2) What I'm really asking about (which incog and norm have hinted at), is why everybody is so excited about this? Because usually a 6th round pick wouldn't garner this hype, and spending another pick at WR prob wouldn't either. So what makes him different, and if he's as exciting as people make him out to be, why did he fall?

• Is it that he's actually a stud, with some character issues that caused him to fall
  • Is it that he's just absurdly athletic with untapped potential
  • Is it that he's the kind of guy who doesn't know the nuances of reciever
  • Etc

I did just watch the LSU-ND game this year, the QB couldn't hit the side of a barn door by the looks of it. Still, we've seen plenty of cases where freak WRs have gone high and been atoned for their QB's/offenses ineptitudes so there has to be more than that that caused him to fall.

Have to assume there will be some holdover chemistry with Kizer/ESB from their time at ND.  That alone might give both a small leg up heading into camp.  Likely to be a razor-thin margin for the last cuts at WR, and having Kizer sending him plenty of targets could be the boost that puts ESB on the roster.

Archived