• John Dorsey for life
    • Very good first draft.
    • I hate him
    • Bring Sachi back.
    • hornbybrown could of done better
  2. 2. Draft class

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I like it, but we could of done better.

16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ok did u even ever watch Corbett play? Most people haven't, myself included. Was I shocked when he was picked? You betcha. But I wouldn't call it a bad pick just because I didn't hear his name throughout the draft process.

Yep. When I watched him play I don’t see why he can’t at least be tried out at LT. 

19 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Which picks not named Baker didn't you like?

I like Ward, i think he will be a stud. I like  chubb as well. 

Most commentators' grades on our draft are B+/-. That's where I am.

1. I wanted at least 2 starters not counting the QB out of this draft. Looks like we might have one (Ward), although that could change;

2. Seems like most of the picks (not counting those with colored pasts) have a bit of a "reach" element to them. Great if they pan out. Not so great if they do not; and

3. We are not done rebuilding through the draft and we did not secure more draft capital for next year. I have read that there wasn't much interest in #4, but with 3 R2s I have to believe we could have kicked one them up for at least a 2019 low R1 and I am not so sure that the players we selected are better value.

Frankly, I most like the selections of the players with the colored pasts. High risk, but high reward if Dorsey, et al., were right.

Have to wait and see, I guess.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ok did u even ever watch Corbett play? Most people haven't, myself included. Was I shocked when he was picked? You betcha. But I wouldn't call it a bad pick just because I didn't hear his name throughout the draft process.

its not I didn't like it 

right now I'm just indiffernt 

even if he was an all pro level

if I thought Quenton Nelson would be a dumb pick with Bitonio and Zeitler I'm definitely going to think this would be one without know they're for sure where they plan on playing him 

I get its depth, but do you really use the 33rd pick on depth when you have two pro bowl guards?

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I get its depth, but do you really use the 33rd pick on depth when you have two pro bowl guards?

how do we know he is going to be a guard?

Dude was a 4yr starter at LT in college. So he clearly has the ability to play the position. Arms are decent length. Has pretty big hands. Coming out of college, he has a better 10yd split and 3 cone drill than Joe Thomas. Joe Thomas stated in his podcast, he believes he has the feet to be LT in the league. I love Joe Thomas but he was never an amazing run blocker. Had a few seasons their at his healthy prime that he was damn good. I think Corbett could be one hell of a run blocking LT and potentially be a serviceable LT. Corbett just reminds me of the kind of linemen the packers have been drafting the past couple of year. Guys who were versatile and could play all over the line.  

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Corbett just reminds me of the kind of linemen the packers have been drafting the past couple of year. Guys who were versatile and could play all over the line.  

maybe thats just not what I'm used to 

every oline pick we've had everyone knew what that guy was picked to do

in this situation especially with the media declaring that he'll have to move inside that might be effecting my thinking 

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

It'd be a terrible pick if we were drafting him to back up Zeitler and Bitonio. The chances that this was our plan for him is somewhere between 0% and -0%. He's playing LT. I'll bet any amount on money on it.

Just now, brownie man said:

maybe thats just not what I'm used to 

every oline pick we've had everyone knew what that guy was picked to do

in this situation especially with the media declaring that he'll have to move inside that might be effecting my thinking 

I think he competes for the LT spot. 

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Except Joel Bitonio and Cam Erving, the two OL we've spent our earliest picks on.

nah I disagreee

Bitonio was always brought it to be our LG he did that day one and it didn't change

Erving was brought in to replace Mack once he left

Corbett if he doesnt pan out at LT we move to guard? thats what I dont get we gonna move the 33rd pick to the bench?

idk thats my concern

Just now, brownie man said:

nah I disagreee

Bitonio was always brought it to be our LG he did that day one and it didn't change

Corbett if he doesnt pan out at LT we move to guard? thats what I dont get we gonna move the 33rd pick to the bench?

idk thats my concern

Here's my prediction:

Corbett looks great, but Shon Coleman does nothing to lose the LT job. He plays very well this season in that role and Corbett becomes the universal 1st guy off the bench. Eventually as time wears on, someone will slip up and lose their role. Zeitler, Tretter, or Coleman eventually flubs up and Corbett fills in for the faller.

Corbett was drafted to be our LT, but I'm just higher on the idea that Shon Coleman can play there than our organization is. You guys might disagree with me, but I think it's as clear as daylight we drafted him to play LT.

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If you haven't noticed by now, the current leadership has made national pundits and the media look like fools with their predictions of what the Browns will be doing.

In the end, it is the leadership that may turn out to be the fools, but going with what everyone thinks will happen is not something they do it seems.

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Here's my prediction:

Corbett looks great, but Shon Coleman does nothing to lose the LT job. He plays very well this season in that role and Corbett becomes the universal 1st guy off the bench. Eventually as time wears on, someone will slip up and lose their role. Zeitler, Tretter, or Coleman eventually flubs up and Corbett fills in for the faller.

Corbett was drafted to be our LT, but I'm just higher on the idea that Shon Coleman can play there than our organization is. You guys might disagree with me, but I think it's as clear as daylight we drafted him to play LT.

Coleman better look great. If Corbett looks great, it might be hard to not play him because the dude plays with such a nasty attitude. Him and Bit would be a great combo together. I feel like if the FO was confident in Coleman they wouldnt of drafted a potential LT in the 2nd rd. 

You are higher on Coleman, I am lower on him. 

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

nah I disagreee

idk thats my concern

If he doesn’t work out at LT, I’d imagine he kicks in to center, not guard.

Tretter improved as the year went on, but he has an injury history and isn’t exactly a world beater to begin with.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he doesn’t work out at LT, I’d imagine he kicks in to center, not guard.

Tretter improved as the year went on, but he has an injury history and isn’t exactly a world beater to begin with.

Yeah these are my immediate thoughts also. There is zero chance they drafted a guard at the top of the second round. I also have to believe it has to be at LT because there was a better center prospect in James Daniels sitting there. 

Or they loved his versatility to play all along the line. 

As long as Corbett can contribute as a quality starter at any of the following:

LT

C

RT

...then it's a good pick.

I don't want to have the coaches do with him what they did with Erving, who learned every position on the OL, was thrust into the mix when he clearly wasn't ready, and wasted his first year and a half in the league. I think that he stunk anyway (his film against Clemson was horrific. Vic Beasely put him on skates), but he was set up for failure.

Archived