2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Maybe I already asked this, but clearly I forgot the answer. If we moved on from Beasley, would we prefer a similar slot player ala Hunter Renfrow? Or a bigger, JuJu type receiver in AJ Brown or LJ Humphrey?

I don't really have a preference. Would be awesome to have a JuJu here though.

15 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Maybe I already asked this, but clearly I forgot the answer. If we moved on from Beasley, would we prefer a similar slot player ala Hunter Renfrow? Or a bigger, JuJu type receiver in AJ Brown or LJ Humphrey?

Personally, body type standards don't matter much to me for a slot WR.  Typically you want some one who is quick and agile, rather than a long strider. So that usually means a smaller shifty guy. But we have seen guys like JuJu have success and people are pretty confident in Amari being able to play slot. Neither of those guys are particularly small. 

Just give me a guy with great hands, quickness, and fearless over the middle, and idc if he's big or small. 

14 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

This is what I was talking about exactly.

I think I'd lean towards someone who can really help our offesne in the red zone. Between the 20s, they can act as a big slot, or you can put Amari in the slot.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

so lets say a stud WR like this is available, but so a stud TE. Who are we/you taking???

who makes the greater impact???

Depends on the player really. Our biggest need is a legit redzone threat that can contest jump balls. 

To me if it came down to Hakeem Butler and say Irv Smith. I would actually choose Butler because of his reach in the corner of the endzone like Dez used to do. But if it's someone like Jace and Hakeem. Then I'm going Jace because he brings much of what Butler does but can also block for us inline as well as wing blocking. Hes more versatile while  adding the redzone threat. 

I'll admit I've been impressed with Jarwin that TE is not as big a need as it used to be. But a true No.1 TE I think will do wonders for Dak. 

12 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think he's one of the front runners for the 2nd round pick.

I believe Connor is his agent lol

to be fair he is a nice player but a lil small and a slot only guy so I'm not sure Dallas would see him as a 2nd round guy

3 hours ago, couchscout said:

I believe Connor is his agent lol

to be fair he is a nice player but a lil small and a slot only guy so I'm not sure Dallas would see him as a 2nd round guy

He’s definitely an intriguing prospect. For the sake of opinion and discussion, what is everyone’s opinion of using Tavon Austin in the slot role? When healthy, he adds a lot of options but was completely underutilized by Linehan. So, is it possible that we may already have our slot receiver on the roster? I don’t have an opinion on this. I’m just interested in everyone’s take.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

He’s definitely an intriguing prospect. For the sake of opinion and discussion, what is everyone’s opinion of using Tavon Austin in the slot role? When healthy, he adds a lot of options but was completely underutilized by Linehan. So, is it possible that we may already have our slot receiver on the roster? I don’t have an opinion on this. I’m just interested in everyone’s take.

I think Austin would be great in the slot if properly utilized. 

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Coming off scott linehan using our players for years ? I’d say we are walking blind. Birdbox blind.

Thats the one thing I know right now. We barely know anything about our offensive players potential minus Gallup (holy crap he’d have like 1k rec. yards if the ball was thrown right but I digress).

I’d go so far and say we don’t even know what Zeke can do yet. That’s why I shut down any talk of not giving him a contract extension. Cause of the heathen that undermined him but he still rose above it with his talent.

Austin doesn't have the hands to play slot full time. He isn't tough enough over the middle. He is a one trick pony. His unlocked potential is to be the WR old DeSean Jackson is. Which is the sneaky go route. He can do some handoffs and screen game stuff, but I don't see him getting those tough over the middle catches. His hands are not like Beasley's or Witten. 

He hasn't played under SL his whole career, and McVay traded him for beans after 1 year. He is what he is.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:15 PM, DaBoys said:

He hasn't played under SL his whole career, and McVay traded him for beans after 1 year. He is what he is.

Was going to say something similar. You can rip Linehan for under-utilizing him if you want, but Sean McVay didn't use him either, then traded him to us for peanuts.

I think he can be a valuable piece as an occasional deep threat or in the jet sweep packages. But if you want him to replace Beasley, you're gonna have a bad time.

Archived