2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

30 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

What a hashtag.

I also like Sweat more. I love his size and athletism more than Burns. I'm really concerned with Burns' play weight and the fact that he may drop back down into the 220's. If trade back happened within the top 10, I hope Sweat is our guy.

Personally, that isn't a concern for me at all for Burns. He should have no problem maintaining his weight with a NFL strength & conditioning program. And he's just naturally going to add weight over time.....#Burnsthemostgiftedpassrusherinthedraft

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Personally, that isn't a concern for me at all for Burns. He should have no problem maintaining his weight with a NFL strength & conditioning probably. And he's just naturally going to add weight over time.....#Burnsthemostgiftedpassrusherinthedraft

#EasilyTheMostGiftedPassRusherInTheDraft 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Personally, that isn't a concern for me at all for Burns. He should have no problem maintaining his weight with a NFL strength & conditioning program. And he's just naturally going to add weight over time.....#Burnsthemostgiftedpassrusherinthedraft

The bolded is my problem. Why bet on a guy to maintain weight, which he's shown he couldn't do at a program that's as close to NFL as any college program, when you can take a guy who has elite measurables and production? If we trade back and Sweat is off the board, then sure, let's go Burns because I like him a whole hell of a lot better than Gary. But if Sweat is there, he's the safe bet for me.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

#EasilyTheMostGiftedPassRusherInTheDraft 

#thatswhattheysaidaboutvicbeasleyandjarvisjones

Not that my hashtag matters tbh, I just like really long hashtags and wanted to use that one :D

1 minute ago, Forge said:

#thatswhattheysaidaboutvicbeasleyandjarvisjones

Not that my hashtag matters tbh, I just like really long hashtags and wanted to use that one :D

Huh? Definitely wasn't said by me. But #BeasleyDoesn'tHaveTheBendThatBurnsHas

Now, if you want to say I was all in on Harold Landry? Definitely was. If he ends up failing then that can be used against my judgement of edge rushers coming out of the draft lol.

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Doesn't Rapaport reporting this validate the concern? 

Not really with regards to being a mess. But I'm assuming that it's over leaks...not other stuff. Leaks happen in pretty much every front office...so that's not a concern to me. They just are overly paranoid with regards to being secretive. That's more on Gruden / Mayock in my opinion and just how they want to run things. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not really with regards to being a mess. But I'm assuming that it's over leaks...not other stuff. Leaks happen in pretty much every front office...so that's not a concern to me. They just are overly paranoid with regards to being secretive. That's more on Gruden / Mayock in my opinion and just how they want to run things. 

I was assuming their trying to prevent (or maybe control) the leaks, and i agree not concerning. Kinda sucks if you were a scout that invested all this time and energy but it comes with the territory. 

Hypothetical Scenario: Cardinals stick with Rosen and take Bosa #1. Teams start furiously calling the Niners to move up, but the Raiders and Giants are the two most serious teams. Which offer do you take?

Raiders trade 1.4, 1.27, 4.107, 2020 2nd

Giants trade 1.6, 2.37, 4.109, 2020 1st

@NinerNation21

Because Burns is the better player. His tape is better for one. And Sweat doesn't play to his athletic measurables. His film is just ok. I think he benefited greatly from Simmons just being a absolute wreaking ball inside. His bust potential is jus too high for me. I wouldn't hate him if we traded down and all of the other edge guye were gone. But for me, I'd take Burns and Ferrell over him easily. 

15 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

While I would be absolutely ecstatic over Bosa or Sweat, to be honest, I would be pleased to have any outside rusher in the 1st round who isn't named Gary. 

I agree, as long as it isn't Gary. If we decide to trade back, a player like Burns or Sweat opposite Dee Ford would still be great. We would also be able to address CB/Safety/WR in the first two or three rounds, after that we are almost playing with house money.

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Hypothetical Scenario: Cardinals stick with Rosen and take Bosa #1. Teams start furiously calling the Niners to move up, but the Raiders and Giants are the two most serious teams. Which offer do you take?

Raiders trade 1.4, 1.27, 4.107, 2020 2nd

Giants trade 1.6, 2.37, 4.109, 2020 1st

I would take that Raiders trade, dropping two spots while picking up an extra 1 and re-coup next years two. Still coming away with a great talent.

Though the Giants trade would justify taking a Ferrell, Sweat or Burns a bit more

Archived