2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, John232 said:

Yeah, I'd love to have Clark. Though, i will say that whatever contract he gets (which he will be 100% deserving of) Will be substantially bigger than what we gave Ford and with far more guarantees. 

More guarantees, I think yes. I don't think that it will be substantially larger with regards to the AAV though. I'm going to guess in the 20 range, so 2m more per year (or so) would be my estimation. That's nothing to me. But the guarantees are the important part there, and I do agree that he's going to get more locked in, and that could present a much bigger problem. I'd have to see what the actual amount will be before I make a judgment on whether I'd rather have Clark at his price or Ford at his. 

God, if the hype about Murray is real I hope we can trade back to 4, pick up another first and 3rd from Oakland (or second, think that becomes close point value) and grab Quinnen. I think the Jets might just go Allen regardless. Would honesty be amazing.  especially since DK might drop far enough to that second first rounder.

And if Quinnen does go ahead of us, trade back again with someone like Jacksonville, NYG or Cincinnati and get another haul of picks. 

1 minute ago, Aussie9er said:

Could see jets taking Ed Oliver over him so could be there at 4 

Eh, that would be a stretch imo. Love Ed but Quinnen can do everything Ed can but better and without the size questions. I also think the Jets may trade back regardless of whose there. 

Really interesting mock from Chad Rueter for us. I know j would be happy

San Francisco 49ers

» Round 1, No. 4 overall (from Raiders in projected trade): Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
» Round 1, No. 32 (from Patriots in projected trade): A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi
» Round 2, No. 35 (from Raiders in projected trade): Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
» Round 3, No. 67: Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
» Round 4, No. 104: Jachai Polite, edge, Florida
» Round 6, No. 176: Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida
» Round 6, No. 212: Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina

That's a pretty good mock in my opinion. The trade with the raiders from 2 to 4 meet us their second and a first next year (crazy, I'll take it in a heartbeat). We then moved back into the first to grab brown.

Also, his receiver group in Rd 3 is stacked. Boykin, Butler, Isabella, Harmon, Ridley, and Mclaurin all go in round three

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's a pretty good mock in my opinion. The trade with the raiders from 2 to 4 meet us their second and a first next year (crazy, I'll take it in a heartbeat). We then moved back into the first to grab brown.

Also, his receiver group in Rd 3 is stacked. Boykin, Butler, Isabella, Harmon, Ridley, and Mclaurin all go in round three

To get Williams, Poooollllliiiiittttttteeeeeeee, Brown  AND Savage??? Dude, this may be one of the best mock drafts I'v ever seen lol.

Need to watch Layne, haven't watched him yet. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Where did Whiteside go?

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

To get Williams, Poooollllliiiiittttttteeeeeeee, Brown  AND Savage??? Dude, this may be one of the best mock drafts I'v ever seen lol.

Need to watch Layne, haven't watched him yet. 

This mock is amazing. Huge win. 

As for Layne, I haven’t watched him yet, but Jon Ledyard whose been one of the better DB evaluators I’ve listens too HATES Layne.  But for a third rounder, I think it’s solid value. Screams Tavarius Moore to me.

Sources have said that the 49ers have spent considerable time with Bailey and that the team has worked out at least three other punters — Utah’s Mitch Wishnowsky, Rice’s Jack Fox and Arkansas-Pine Bluff’s Jamie Gillan (nicknamed the “Scottish Hammer”). Bailey called 49ers general manager John Lynch, whose son Jake Lynch will be entering his second season at Stanford this year, “a good family friend.”

I'd probably be more shocked if we don't draft him than if we did. I wouldn't be surprised if it's earlier than I'd think either

4 hours ago, Forge said:
Isabella

The wr15 is pretty damning in mcginns poll

I struggle to keep him as wr13, and he could very well slip further soon. 

Where he really goes, no idea, but I don't get the rd 1-2 hype. His speed will bump him higher than 7th rounder Trey Quinn from last year, but I don't see him as much more than Quinn, tbh. Certainly not a top 75 guy, for me, yet I don't hate the guy either. 

Archived