2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In that case I hope we trade down and accumulate some picks. So then we will be down to five picks...And one will be used on a damn punter SMH lol.

Unless we go with the Scottish Hammer....that dude is a UDFA, but is worth it for the name. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Harry>Samuel. I’m going to be super bummed if we take Samuel with Harry on the board. I’m cool with A.J. Brown though, him and Harry are pretty close in my eyes. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised to see Metcalf drop to the second round either. I think the top of the second is going to be WR heavy. A 3rd to move up 4 spots at the end of one seems a little rich to me. I would think our 4rp would do it and that seems like a pretty fair offer for the Pats. 

Honestly, not completely in love with either. I like them just fine, I think their draft status is in line and everything, they just aren't crushes of mine (not that I have many this year). I do think that Deebo may be the preferred receiver between the two by the team, but that's just my own guess based on what I perceive to be their desires, nothing more. I think Deebo will have an easier time rotating through receiver positions, and I think that he'll have an easier time creating separation at the next level based on his superior route running. Harry obviously is a much better contested catch guy, though that may not translate as well at the next level. 

Yes, I think the 4 should be sufficient for it as well if you go on point structure. The 4 is actually more than the difference to be honest. That being said, I do get the slight bump in price based on the fifth year option, so if they have to have that third, I get it, but that trade should be more like 2 + 3 for #32 + #97 or something. That still gives NE a big win in the points (795 - 702, and NE comes out slightly ahead on the Rich Hill analystics value chart based on previous trade by about 20 points or something). 

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, not completely in love with either. I like them just fine, I think their draft status is in line and everything, they just aren't crushes of mine (not that I have many this year). I do think that Deebo may be the preferred receiver between the two by the team, but that's just my own guess based on what I perceive to be their desires, nothing more. I think Deebo will have an easier time rotating through receiver positions, and I think that he'll have an easier time creating separation at the next level based on his superior route running. Harry obviously is a much better contested catch guy, though that may not translate as well at the next level.  

I don’t hate Deebo as a player, but his injury history is not attractive to me. I think Harry is the superior prospect to start, but if all things were equal I’m taking the guy without the injury history. 

4 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don’t hate Deebo as a player, but his injury history is not attractive to me. I think Harry is the superior prospect to start, but if all things were equal I’m taking the guy without the injury history. 

And to add to that, all things being relatively equal, Im going to always prefer the guy with the bigger catch radius...which would be Harry.

But I just flat-out think Harry is a better prospect, personally. I dont hate Deebo at all but I just see a higher ceiling with Harry. I think Deebo is pretty much maxed as a player. And the injuries are somewhat a factor as well. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Unless we go with the Scottish Hammer....that dude is a UDFA, but is worth it for the name. 

We can probably trade a redundant roster player for a late rounder to pick The Scottish Hammer. We can probably get a 7th for Erik Magnuson if we wanted.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king/?cid=rotoworld

"Niners have loved him since the Cotton Bowl in 2017, when Bosa’s 1.5 sacks led the marauding Ohio State defense in a 24-7 pummeling of USC’s Sam Darnold in the last game of the star QB’s college career. I hear the Cardinals think of Bosa as a “generational player,” which just speaks to their love of Murray if they’re willing to pass on Bosa and leave him to the Niners. Edge-rusher is the element San Francisco hasn’t gotten right. To fortify the defensive front, the 49ers chose Arik Armstead 17th in 2015, DeForest Buckner seventh in 2016, and Solomon Thomas third in 2017 … and still their biggest team need is pressuring the quarterback. Four picks in the top 20 in the span of five drafts along the defensive line—if Bosa doesn’t put the defensive front over the top, this is some bad drafting."

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king/?cid=rotoworld

"Niners have loved him since the Cotton Bowl in 2017, when Bosa’s 1.5 sacks led the marauding Ohio State defense in a 24-7 pummeling of USC’s Sam Darnold in the last game of the star QB’s college career. I hear the Cardinals think of Bosa as a “generational player,” which just speaks to their love of Murray if they’re willing to pass on Bosa and leave him to the Niners. Edge-rusher is the element San Francisco hasn’t gotten right. To fortify the defensive front, the 49ers chose Arik Armstead 17th in 2015, DeForest Buckner seventh in 2016, and Solomon Thomas third in 2017 … and still their biggest team need is pressuring the quarterback. Four picks in the top 20 in the span of five drafts along the defensive line—if Bosa doesn’t put the defensive front over the top, this is some bad drafting."

So much this...he has proven to be a monster in college and I believe will translate very well to the NFL. Soly next to DeFo with Ford and Bosa outside?! :x The only one I would like better is trading down to get more picks and grabbing Sweat...I so want more picks! 

However, if they really like AJ Brown that much, I wouldn't be against trading up to grab him. But if we traded down already....then we would have what we need to get him. :D

It's a done deal unless the Niners are playing the biggest trick of all time lol. 

So back to Peter King and knowing who we pick ahead of time. He's been predicting the correct pick for us for like four or five years now, and during that time, we have had three coaching staffs and two different GMs. Who exactly is his source then? Some of the picks have been predictable of course, but getting Armstead and McGlinchey is still impressive. A lot of the scouts have stayed the same correct? Maybe one or two of them have been his source? Possibly York? Though I can't imagine he would be the source here, but who knows....OR possibly Marathe??

10 hours ago, Forge said:

@typecast also posted some bullet points from Da Te'Thomas' podcast, one of which stated that we were offering our 2nd and 3rd to NE to get back in to the first round to select AJ Brown. 

We'll see if it happens, but I wouldn't be shocked by it. I think AJ Brown and Deebo are receivers 1 and 2 on our board. I think we love them both. 

I'd assume we would get a pick back in that trade. Maybe we offer 2 and 3 and we receive back pats 3rd 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027113/article/chad-reuter-2019-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-team-by-teamhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027100/article/chad-reuter-2019-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-round-1

Here's the overall picks for us. We move down with Oakland but they pick Drew Lock? lol but we get a second round pick this year and a first next year. We move up to get AJ Brown with the pats.

» Round 1, No. 4 overall (from Raiders in projected trade): Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
» Round 1, No. 32 (from Patriots in projected trade): A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi
» Round 2, No. 35 (from Raiders in projected trade): Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
» Round 3, No. 67: Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State
» Round 4, No. 104: Jachai Polite, edge, Florida
» Round 6, No. 176: Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida
» Round 6, No. 212: Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina

Anybody think the 9ers trade their '20 FRP this draft? I am wondering if our staff thinks we will do well enough to justify going after someone we really want badly enough to give up future picks (other than the SRP we gave up for Ford)? I'm not certain even Peter King has this draft pegged this time. o.O

Um yeah, so this isn't a good look.....like at all. And just reading that thread, he has some other damaging likes from this guys posts. 

Dude may be the goods, but MAN is he kind of exposing himself with this crap.

Q-Williams FTW!!!! 

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Anybody think the 9ers trade their '20 FRP this draft? I am wondering if our staff thinks we will do well enough to justify going after someone we really want badly enough to give up future picks (other than the SRP we gave up for Ford)? I'm not certain even Peter King has this draft pegged this time. o.O

If we hadn't traded our second round pick next year, I could see it as a possibility. I don't think that we will trade our first round pick next year with no second round pick as well. We are going to need that cheap labor. Believe it or not, we don't have a ton of cap space starting in 2020, and we have Buck who is going to get a huge extension at some point. 

Archived