2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounds like a man that has done his due diligence....

Though the next question absolutely should have been..."So That Foster thing...???"

I thought you were totally going to say, "what controversial tweets???????????" 😂😂.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But the difference is those tweets resurfaced YEARS after. With Bosa, those tweets were known for a while. Nothing would have been dug up....Because well, they were already dug up and found. So him deleting it does exactly what? Everyone knows what he said and for a bit it was washed away...Once he deleted them and made the comment he did about San Francisco, that's when it became a big story and multiple sites started writing them about it. 

There is no difference. Kevin Hart has been an active entertainer longer than Twitter has been a platform. Those didn't "resurface" - they were just as known as Bosa's. And Hart deleted his tweets as well - two days after a reporter from The Guardian questioned when he would and it became a major story. 

As for it becoming a big story now, it's not like Bosa volunteered the information. He was asked directly about it, and he gave a response. The fact that he deleted them ahead of time saved this from blowing up after he was selected. Doing it beforehand shows he has the awareness not to be a distraction with his beliefs. 

I mean, I get people not wanting him because of who he is as a person. It's ridiculous that these sort of beliefs persist in the 21st century, but the problem has nothing to do with whether or not he deleted the tweets. The problem was posting them in the first place. Him taking them down without it becoming an issue first is ultimately better than vice versa. 

47 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah, I am seriously thinking the Niners desperately want to trade back and accumulate more picks. Not to say they dont like Bosa/ Williams, but I think they were rather gain more draft capitol. Gonna be a very interesting day regardless in 49er land

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

There is no difference. Kevin Hart has been an active entertainer longer than Twitter has been a platform. Those didn't "resurface" - they were just as known as Bosa's. And Hart deleted his tweets as well - two days after a reporter from The Guardian questioned when he would and it became a major story. 

As for it becoming a big story now, it's not like Bosa volunteered the information. He was asked directly about it, and he gave a response. The fact that he deleted them ahead of time saved this from blowing up after he was selected. Doing it beforehand shows he has the awareness not to be a distraction with his beliefs. 

I mean, I get people not wanting him because of who he is as a person. It's ridiculous that these sort of beliefs persist in the 21st century, but the problem has nothing to do with whether or not he deleted the tweets. The problem was posting them in the first place. Him taking them down without it becoming an issue first is ultimately better than vice versa. 

Hart's tweets certainly weren't known to the extent that Bosa's were. I mean I'm sure some knew about them, but it was new to most. With Bosa, everyone knew about the tweets before he took them down and gave his reasoning for why he did it. And when the tweets were up, and known by people, it wasn't really much of a story. It became THE story once he deleted them and said he only did so because he may get selected by SF. So if we were picking say 6th and there was no chance of him ending up in the Bay Area, is he saying he would have gladly left those tweets up and continue to tweet his political opinions? 

Anyways, it is what it is. There is enough out there on him where it is obviously what his beliefs and line of thinking is. His teammates in Ohio State seem to like him and I'm sure all this stuff was known to them as well. So if we do draft him, he will certainly get looked sideways by some, but ultimately he will be fine. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hart's tweets certainly weren't known to the extent that Bosa's were

If you believe this, then there is really no point in the conversation as a whole. The guy made $15M on his third major comedy tour in the year his most recent problematic tweet was posted (2011). If you think the public comments of a major celebrity "weren't known", it's complete naivety. They were known. Very well. Certainly more than the defensive lineman at Ohio State with a slightly more famous older brother and fewer than 100k followers. The difference is that today's callout culture wasn't as prominent in 2011.  

But I'm done here as well. You're going to believe what you are going to believe. 

Archived