2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Id' be a little surprised if Ford is gone by next season (though he would save like 9 million), but I still find it kind of hard to believe that Alexander will see the second year of his. He would save 10 million against the cap next year, and lets be real, paying an off the ball linebacker 13 million is just not ideal. Especially given that the college game is pumping out good WILLs fairly regularly. That should be a position that you can have relatively cheap, good production at. I almost feel like we looked at the linebacker class, weren't enamored and just decided to say screw it, get someone in here that we like but make sure that we can get out of it after a year when we can draft a cheap replacement  that we feel can come in and start. I'd guess that McKinnon is gone (though still 4m in dead money there), possibly mostert (2.5). 

I don’t think Dee will be gone next year but three years into it I can certainly see it which is when we would may need the space. You could certainly be right about Kwon as well although I think people will have a different opinion of him after this season than they did when we signed him this year.

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don’t think Dee will be gone next year but three years into it I can certainly see it which is when we would may need the space. You could certainly be right about Kwon as well although I think people will have a different opinion of him after this season than they did when we signed him this year.

Don't get me wrong...I've been a Kwon fan. He's overpaid, but that doesn't make me like him less as a player. He was one of the linebackers I had my eye on all season / off season. That being said, it's just about the money. I just think you take advantage of the market inefficiency there to get cheaper, younger production. Linebacker is often a roll that translates extremely well from college to the pros as well, so drafting a guy and injecting him right away is feasible (obviously certain other positions, this is not the case) . Paying an off ball linebacker that much is just not something I'm a huge fan of, regardless of how big of a fan I am of him. You have to be a truly special talent at the position in order for me be okay with that. I'd rather draft a guy to play there and put that 13 million in a lot of other places. 

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

A majority of his questionable tweets were not from his younger years. Alot of those tweets were while he was at Ohio State...

I was going off of what @J-ALL-DAY said in his post that these were from 2014, unless you are referring to him calling Kaepernick a clown or him not liking a movie, which I do not see as a problem at all personally. I personally don’t care for Kaepernick and that is not at all motivated by anything other than his actions. 

24 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I was going off of what @J-ALL-DAY said in his post that these were from 2014, unless you are referring to him calling Kaepernick a clown or him not liking a movie, which I do not see as a problem at all personally. I personally don’t care for Kaepernick and that is not at all motivated by anything other than his actions. 

No, Im referring to tweets where he called San Francisco a third world country...things of that nature. You don't have to have a problem with what he said or his thoughts...that's up to the individual. I do have a problem with ppl trying to dismiss his comments as 'well he's young, we've all done stupid stuff when we were young' rhetoric. That's bs. All teenagers/young adults aren't voicing themselves in this way, with this kind of racial undertone behind it. If ppl choose to turn a blind eye to it, fine....but don't justify. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Man, I hope that isn't the case. And I like Haskins, I do. But it'd be the most Gruden thing ever, I swear

I dont think they are going to do that. They are going defense early and often imo. That defense was terrible and basically had nobody on it that would start for the majority of other teams. 

I also think that their DC is actually a really great coach who left a lot of talent in Cincy to come to Oakland expecting to have Khalil Mack on his team. I remember seeing a quote from him saying something like 'well they had some really great defenders when I took the job...' basically saying that he was dissatisfied with the guys on his roster

Yes, Gruden is an offensive guy, but he won a SB with a good defense and I think based on his MNF commentary you can tell he always valued defensive players. 

I think he owes it to his DC to get a monster like QW/Bosa/Allen/Oliver at #4 and then he can go corner at #24 then edge/TE/WR at #27 depending on who drops. 

I fully expect them to take a RB,TE,WR later in the draft along with a late round LB and probably a S. should be a fun draft for Raiders fans. 

I said it in the draft forum, but I expect the raiders to go mostly chalk, and I think that's the best play.  I would expect at 4 that they draft whomever is left and highest rated for them between QW, Allen, White and Oliver. At 24 / 27 / 35, I expect Jacobs, a tight end, and then back to defense with either safety, corner or edge rusher ,(if they don't take Allen)

26 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

even in round 2? I'd be very happy with Gary at pick 36.

I’d be cool with Gary in the second as he does have a very high ceiling if he puts it all together. No way in hell am I touching him at our pick, but the potential is there.

EDIT: Assuming we do what I think we are going to do in round 1 and take Bosa, I don’t think we should double up on DLinemen in the first two rounds, but the value for a guy like Gary is certainly there in the second. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Man, I hope that isn't the case. And I like Haskins, I do. But it'd be the most Gruden thing ever, I swear

Why? If they feel like Haskins is their guy, then NO way in hell do you pass on a QB. It looks to be fairly clear that Carr isn't Gruden's long term guy, so if Haskins has that type of potential, why would it be a bad thing to take him at #4? You want a QB, take them as early as you can. People keep saying they can take a QB with one of their two late 1st rounders, but I can't remember the last franchise QB taken in the 20s. I mean Lamar Jackson may end up being that guy, but that is far from a given. 

Archived