2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

11 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think Armstead may have more trade value at the moment than Solly. 

Yes, picking at 2 is more likely than not. I just don't want (or think we need) QW. Hence the desire to trade down and take Sweat (assuming Bosa is taken 1st).

I agree we need another Edge player badly. Hopefully Bosa doesn't go 1.

A DL consisting of Bosa/Thomas/Jones/Buckner/Armstead/Ford/Day/Blair is filthy on paper. Who knows what we have in Street, but that DL is so much better than what we have fielded out there since the Smith bros era. Even though I'm a Williams guy, man this DL should so so so good. 

3 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

There's a bit of drama with Jalen Ramsey and the Jags. 

If I was Lynch, I'd offer #2 for Ramsey + #7 just to see if Coughlin bites. Especially if Murray is passed up by the Cards. 

Most of the talk is that they are not going quarterback at all. They are tied to Foles for 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Most of the talk is that they are not going quarterback at all. They are tied to Foles for 2 years. 

Yea the reality is they probably want to give Foles his shot, maybe they'd want another guy like Bosa, Allen, QW, ect. 

If Coughlin has an issue with Ramsey I'd love to be the team that capitalizes on that opportunity. 

Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

Yea the reality is they probably want to give Foles his shot, maybe they'd want another guy like Bosa, Allen, QW, ect. 

If Coughlin has an issue with Ramsey I'd love to be the team that capitalizes on that opportunity. 

Plus, a swap of picks just isn't enough in my opinion. Far too many teams would be willing to give up a first round pick all on it's own, I think. It's kind of the same problem that we had with OBJ. If I were Indy, for example, all that cap space, late first + 2 seconds, I don't know why you wouldn't go ahead and give that pick up. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm really starting to think that Montez Sweat's draft positioning could crater Maurice Hurst style 

And of course here is my obligatory comment hoping the 9ers are the ones to pick him (if Bosa isn't available and/or we trade down)... I just really think this guy is going to become a big threat and would rather he be OUR threat than any other team.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I still can't believe everyone knew the Cardinals pick back at the combine. That is just crazy to me. I guess they didn't care since Murray was their guy all along and they weren't going to pass on him.

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I would give up next year's first for Ramsey even though we already traded a 2020 second for Ford. 

With Sherman plus the young corners we have, I think we would be pretty set there. With an improved pass rush (Ford, bosa, Buckner, Thomas is a great group) we would have a damn good pass defense suddenly. 

It would be playoffs or bust, but with a healthy Jimmy G and Kyle calling plays, I feel pretty good that our 2020 first will be in the 25 range. We would need to clear some cap space over the next few years though. Guys like McKinnon and richburg would need to be cut 

Archived