2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

If I'm the Cards and want Jonah I would comfortably swap #1 with Oakland for #4 and a high 2nd rounder. Oakland would be able to get Bosa and Zona would have to gamble that the Jets don't take Jonah at 3. If Jonah goes at 3 then I would think that #4 is the perfect spot for trading down again with a QB needy team.

It is, but even if he wasn't, they'd still likely have Williams there to draft. Obviously, there's a chance that we go Williams, but I don't see it as one that is super likely, to be honest. I think if Bosa goes 1, we go Allen 2, and then if the Jets go Jonah 3, the Cards get Q Williams at 4, and honestly, they need him on the interior of that defensive line. And that's a guy who would also be a reasonable selection for them at #1. So that certainly works out in their favor as well. 

Honestly, I don't see any reason why the Cards should stay at #1 given their situation, will largely just depend on what other teams are interested, and how far they want to move down. I think anything lower than 4 and they run the risk of losing out on the elite talent in the draft, so the Raiders swap makes the most sense. But god only knows with Gruden 

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Pierschbacher is my guy. 

Jenkins is probably the guy I'm paying attention to given that if Richburg plays like he did this year, next year should be the last for him in a 49er uniform.  He's got a lot of flaws, need to see if those can be ironed out. 

So Kyler is in. I have no idea what the means. So much talk of him being an early first round pick, and I'll be honest, I have never considered him to be that. If that is legit though...I'll be honest, I have no idea what that means. Does it make a trade down more or less likely for us and Arizona? No clue. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

So Kyler is in. I have no idea what the means. So much talk of him being an early first round pick, and I'll be honest, I have never considered him to be that. If that is legit though...I'll be honest, I have no idea what that means. Does it make a trade down more or less likely for us and Arizona? No clue. 

Oh, I hope not. While it would net us more picks, our chance at a high impact prospect decreases significantly, particularly at our biggest need: EDGE rusher.

I really am not convinced of any real success for Kyler Murray in the NFL. He's played 14 games and yet people think he is worthy of a top pick. He was rattled in his biggest game. I'm not a fan, particularly when people start the Baker comparisons...nope. Then they try to justify with the Russell Wilson comps....nope.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Depending on the process he may have gauranteed that either Bosa falls to us or we get that sweet trade down.

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hanks is probably a guy that we could look at for the SAM role if we don't take Allen or decide we don't want to play him there at all 

I'd add Christian Miller and D'Andre Walker to the list of possible SAMs we are coaching as well. I thought when reading a scouting report that it said Hanks was very stiff in the hips leading to poor side to side movement, not sure how true that is but D'Andre Walker is probably my favorite SAM prospect on the South squad. Really like David Long's film as an off ball LB.

Archived