BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

48 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Whoops. Everyone who couldn't send me a PM, my bad. Deleted like 20 messages should be good now.

I forwarded you all the gameplans. I still didn't get Orlando's but I think it should be considered on time.

• Like 3

Would it make sense for the 49ers to trade Garoppolo again? 

What if they sign him to like a 4 year 72 mill deal like Brocks, with 36 mil in the first year. They eat 20 mill like the Browns did with Brock, so it essentially becomes a deal of 16 mil in the first year and then 12 mil each year after. They then trade Jimmy to a team like Denver/Jax/New York for their 1st rounder and a 3rd or something. 

So they give up a 2nd and 20 mil in cap in one season for a 1st and 3rd in return. 

Just hypothesising based on the reports they may actually look to trade him. 

11 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Would it make sense for the 49ers to trade Garoppolo again? 

What if they sign him to like a 4 year 72 mill deal like Brocks, with 36 mil in the first year. They eat 20 mill like the Browns did with Brock, so it essentially becomes a deal of 16 mil in the first year and then 12 mil each year after. They then trade Jimmy to a team like Denver/Jax/New York for their 1st rounder and a 3rd or something. 

So they give up a 2nd and 20 mil in cap in one season for a 1st and 3rd in return. 

Just hypothesising based on the reports they may actually look to trade him. 

Nope.

What team would trade a 1st and 3rd when clearly Jimmy's market was just set draft pick wise and he'd be more expensive as well. Unless he looks amazing in the games he does end up starting he's not going to get traded.

21 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Because you'd get him on a pretty cheap deal if you're confident in him being a franchise QB...

QBs aren't cheap, especially QBs you'd have to trade first rounders for and Jimmy would be on the franchise tag, why would he sign a deal when he can just play out the year and no matter what gets like 25 million? 

No team is confident in him being a franchise QB (except the 49ers) otherwise some other team would've paid more for him in the off season.