BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, SirA1 said:

Glad Whicker/JLash started another time honored tradition in BDL. The Double (or Triple, Quadruple) Down.

Once the trade deadline is over you can start using that leftover cap space to clear spots on your roster for the next year.

As long as the players get paid the remaining amount on their contracts it's golden. They get put back in the FA pool next year and aren't considered any type of FA for your team the following year. It's done that way to prevent weird contract manipulation or shady trade deals.

These Double Downs are auto approved just like Sub $500 cuts etc.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that since this is a thing there's no cap roll-over?

7 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that since this is a thing there's no cap roll-over?

Like if you end the year with $800 in cap space do you get an extra $800 next year? No there's none of that.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 2:49 PM, Jlash said:

If the player is an upcoming free agent that is not coming out of his BDL rookie deal, he can be signed at 85% of the value of his remaining IRL contract 

Sorry Lukie, I know you're always creative, but Sitton would be 5950/2 if you 3up him now.  

• Like 1