BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

Who knows?  That's not even a consideration.  His stance was he wouldn't participate if Footsy was an owner.  He didn't say anything about demanding his team back.

Well someone should see what that situation is first before we move forward with anything 

37 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

No it's not.  Hockey is committed, Bootsy is not.  Plus arranging collusive below market deals is a good precedent?  Common man.

22 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's that or we have 15 teams.  What do you want 

Nah Pheltz is right though. This proposal alone from Footy is basically why people like Blue quit the league to begin with.

And as far as contact with Blue, I think @Ragnarok is the only one who talks to him. I have other ways of contacting him that I can give a try.

How we going re: recruitment? There's always some dudes poppin in and out but rarely staying on. Now's a pretty appealing time to try and suck some in given football season is ending and we're gonna be in the void.

Also a CMD on here would be dope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

No it's not.  Hockey is committed, Bootsy is not.  Plus arranging collusive below market deals is a good precedent?  Common man.

I'm very committed. I was pretty clear going into the year what the situation was, and I'll be clear again now: I'm committed to running this team going forward.

If you think the compensation needs to be near market in a trade the committee would approve, that's obviously fine with me too. But I'm willing to just give him Russell straight up for nothing if it means we have a full league and everybody is happy.

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

How we going re: recruitment? There's always some dudes poppin in and out but rarely staying on. Now's a pretty appealing time to try and suck some in given football season is ending and we're gonna be in the void.

Also a CMD on here would be dope.

Dedicated people tend to stick. I'm up for upgrading the process but we've found people who are still here because they want and have the time to do this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkunkApes said:

I'm very committed. I was pretty clear going into the year what the situation was, and I'll be clear again now: I'm committed to running this team going forward.

If you think the compensation needs to be near market in a trade the committee would approve, that's obviously fine with me too. But I'm willing to just give him Russell straight up for nothing if it means we have a full league and everybody is happy.

Ok, I have spoken to multiple people regarding this issue including hockey.  He told me his side of his experience quite a while ago.

My major issue is that your owning the team devolved into him doing the vast, vast majority of the leg work while receiving little but criticism on your end.  That is the type of behavior that is going to keep others from wanting to join and cause current owners from wanting to stay.  So it goes beyond the time you've put into your team in the past.  If it was just the case of you not being around much for a season and couldn't be very active, I would understand that.  Hell, I was in that situation a couple of years ago.  But this situation went beyond that to making BDL a bad experience for multiple people right after we joined a new forum specifically to keep BDL running.  

That's the issue at hand.  It's one thing to split responsibilities with a co-owner, teach them the ropes, and behave in a way that makes being in BDL a great experience for them, the other owners, and those that might be interested in joining.  That's how we grow and keep BDL running as guys have to eventually leave due to real life.  It's another to shove everything on them, be unresponsive, and make them want to leave while shining a bad light on BDL as a whole.  That will cause us to have to contract teams.

And the fact that we have to have this discussion makes us look bad.  So this is hurting BDL twice over.  I have not decided for sure the best way to handle this situation.  If we can find a way to have hockey take over Compton while you keep your team, that might be best.  However, if that was the case, I would probably say that you would not be allowed a co-owner for at least a year to show us your level of commitment.  Cause right now, I'm having issues believing you when you say you are fully committed.

But I would prefer to have this resolved quickly.  Not allowing you a co-owner for a year is probably the minimum I would require.  An additional punishment of giving Russell Wilson to Compton for nothing might be the second thing needed.

Regarding blue, he is not interested.  And Counselor has been a fantastic, awesome addition to the league and exactly the type of owner we wanted when we came here.  So there was no chance I was going to allow blue to take his team back from Counselor regardless.  He would have had to take another team.

• Like 2

Best scenario is @Hockey5djh taking over Compton. The QB thing is not really something to worry about. There are always good QBs to acquire. This year Luck and Big Ben might be FAs. Prescott is on the trade block. Stafford is a backup for Gotham. I'm sure à lot of QBs can be traded for. Plus doesnt Compton has a high draft pick?

If he doesnt want it, and that's up to him, then I'd 100% back him up vs Footsy.

Compton has 1.1, 1.11, and 2.1.  So three picks in the top 17.

Another alternative instead of the Russell Wilson move, which looking at it could help Orlando as he has Mahomes to take over and it would drop 20k from his cap(he needs cap room for all his picks), could be hockey getting a high pick or two from Orlando.  Orlando has 1.2, 1.9, 1.12, 2.3, 2.12, and 2.15.  The 2nd overall pick might be a bit steep, but 1.12 and 2.12 could work.  

But I'm pretty set on footsy not being able to have a co-owner until this time next year as a show of commitment.

33 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Best scenario is @Hockey5djh taking over Compton. The QB thing is not really something to worry about. There are always good QBs to acquire. This year Luck and Big Ben might be FAs. Prescott is on the trade block. Stafford is a backup for Gotham. I'm sure à lot of QBs can be traded for. Plus doesnt Compton has a high draft pick?

If he doesnt want it, and that's up to him, then I'd 100% back him up vs Footsy.

This.

Also Phillip Rivers may be for trade @Hockey5djh he's the best QB you're gonna get.