2019 Draft Talk

swede700

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Deebo is a big time talent, I had him as a 1st rounder in August but that has changed, is probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder now.  Is really showing up with his speed and route running and looks pretty thick out there as an athlete.  But the kid gets injured a ton, has had two major injuries in his college career that made him miss huge amount of games two out of the four years he played college and he is a RS SR right now.   Could be a good pickup but we have needs on the OL and I doubt we take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round anyway.

Agreed.  He's going to be taken far more early than the Vikings would need to take a WR.  Unless he somehow falls to the 4th or 5th, I just don't see them taking him.  

SCENARIO: J. Williams, G. Little, are J. Taylor are all gone before pick 18. C. Ford, G. Bradbury, and D. Risner (who the Vikings all have rated VERY similarly) are still available when Jon Gruden comes a calling and offers 1.24, 2.3, and 5.4 for 1.18 and 2.18 (1300 Vikes, 1331 Raiders on trade value chart). Do you take the trade?

1.24: Ford/Bradbury/Risner

2.3: Lindstrom?

OL problems solved?!

Add a super early second to move down six spots..... Yes I know they swap twos? No brainer yes to me. It would bum me out to miss out on a better talent at OL maybe, but there will be starters available at both those picks. The fifth does nothing for me either way, but I take the best WR or RB or LB there.

No, I would not take that trade, because in-between 18 and 24 are the Ravens, Seahawks and Texans, all teams who still need offensive linemen and then you're also opening the door for someone else to jump in and trade ahead of them with the Steelers.  

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No, I would not take that trade, because in-between 18 and 24 are the Ravens, Seahawks and Texans, all teams who still need offensive linemen and then you're also opening the door for someone else to jump in and trade ahead of them with the Steelers.  

That is also the biggest risk I see is the teams behind us needing OL talent as well. Obviously can't even guarantee that all 3 are there 5 selections later.

*I'm guessing then you'd take one of the 3 OL listed?

12 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

The fifth does nothing for me either way, but I take the best WR or RB or LB there.

I threw that in as the team trading up typically has to pay a little more to move up. If it was their 4th instead of the 5th the TVC (trade value chart) would have it as Vikes 1300 Raiders 1394 which is the difference of a high 4th rounder if I'm interpreting the TVC chart correctly.

*I know the TVC is dated but it is a rough baseline on the fairness of trades.

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

That is also the biggest risk I see is the teams behind us needing OL talent as well. Obviously can't even guarantee that all 3 are there 5 selections later.

I would say that's highly unlikely that any of them are there 5 selections later, just because of the desperation that the Seahawks and Texans especially have for offensive linemen...and the Ravens' #1 team need is for a guard to help protect Jackson.  The Vikings just aren't in a position to take that risk.  If anything, the Vikings may have to trade up a few spots to prevent either the Seahawks or Texans trading ahead of them to get the guy they want.

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

I would say that's highly unlikely that any of them are there 5 selections later, just because of the desperation that the Seahawks and Texans especially have for offensive linemen...and the Ravens' #1 team need is for a guard to help protect Jackson.  The Vikings just aren't in a position to take that risk.  If anything, the Vikings may have to trade up a few spots to prevent either the Seahawks or Texans trading ahead of them to get the guy they want.

I don't think we have enough draft capital to trade up this year. I wouldn't do it for a non QB.

18: R1P18 OT - GREG LITTLE
50: R2P18 C - DALTON RISNER
81: R3P17 TE -  JACE STERNBERGER
120: R4P18 EDGE - LANDIS DURHAM
192: R6P17 LB - KHALIL HODGE
210: R6P35 WR - KEELAN DOSS
249: R7P33 S -  DELVON RANDALL
254: R7P38 EDGE - DAVID MOA

mock draft from fan speak. Scenario is that we re-sign Richardson and let Barr walk

2 hours ago, MattVikings said:
18: R1P18 OT - GREG LITTLE
50: R2P18 C - DALTON RISNER
81: R3P17 TE -  JACE STERNBERGER
120: R4P18 EDGE - LANDIS DURHAM
192: R6P17 LB - KHALIL HODGE
210: R6P35 WR - KEELAN DOSS
249: R7P33 S -  DELVON RANDALL
254: R7P38 EDGE - DAVID MOA

mock draft from fan speak. Scenario is that we re-sign Richardson and let Barr walk

No way Risner falls to the 2nd round that far, that is just foolish to think that would even happen.  And I doubt Little is around when the Vikings pick but will see. Same with Sternberger in the 3rd round, yeah right will not happen.  As for the rest of those picks that would be pretty disappointing if they ended up with those guys to be honest.  Not a super fan of any of them, Durham that high is a reach, and those other guys are not great value that late, there are better players potentially there.  

22 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

SCENARIO: J. Williams, G. Little, are J. Taylor are all gone before pick 18. C. Ford, G. Bradbury, and D. Risner (who the Vikings all have rated VERY similarly) are still available when Jon Gruden comes a calling and offers 1.24, 2.3, and 5.4 for 1.18 and 2.18 (1300 Vikes, 1331 Raiders on trade value chart). Do you take the trade?

1.24: Ford/Bradbury/Risner

2.3: Lindstrom?

OL problems solved?!

Not sure I would take Bradbury 1st round, a center would be interesting but that is only if Elflein can be an effective guard, not sure he could but if so great because he struggled at center this past year I thought.  I would rather have one of these guys, Connor McGovern, Elton Jenkins, Ross Pierschbacher or Erik McCoy in that order and all could be around in the 2nd or 3rd round and most can play guard as well or center so gives some flexibility.  I would not mind getting Ford but I would be more comfortable with him in the 2nd than in the 1st round.

Risner would be the ideal I think in the 1st round in terms of his ability to play multiple positions and his toughness, he would be the perfect get.  Little and Jonah Williams are not really options to me because they will most likely be gone, Taylor would be great but also will probably be gone as well.

Archived