2019 Draft Talk

swede700

9 hours ago, vikestyle said:

Yeah it seems like shaking things up unnecessarily. Put Risner at RG so the footwork stays similar. That would give us a really good, young right side of the line. 

This still makes the most sense to me. 

Reiff is just fine at LT. Plus, if you find another guard in the draft, it’s be nice to have him next to a veteran who’s at a position that is second nature to him. 

Give me Risner at 18 and Michael Deiter at 50, and I think the o-line makes a huge turnaround in 2019. 

Day 1 standouts are sick, because it’s our first exposure to these players, as we have more than a few mediums through which we get to interact with them. We get our official feelings on their frames, their size; how they interview and handle themselves; and finally, how they look in the first day of practice.

1. Donald Parham, TE, Stetson

Big day of wins for the small school prospect, who came in a towering 6-foot-8, with a 7-foot wingspan and 10″ hands. Those measurables are inhuman; irregular; super-duper exciting.

5. Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston

Johnson has everything you like to see on film to leave in a Cover 3 outside zone and let him run with wideouts. He fits that Seattle mold to a T.  34″ arms’ll do that, as well as a 6-foot-2 build at over 200 pounds.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/22/5-standouts-from-day-1-of-senior-bowl-practices/

If they look for a mid-round CB to add even more depth, Johnson would be that prototype.  And Parham just looks like a monster.  

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

With Kubiak on the staff, I'd imagine that the Vikes will be looking for a very specific type of OL for a ZBS. Does Risner or Ford fit best?

They both fit very well. 

From what I’ve seen Risner has shown the desired traits on film more than Ford, but Ford certainly has the athletic makeup for it. 

15 hours ago, RpMc said:

Draft Risner, kick O’Neill left, Reiff inside, and draft another guard type. 

I would be on board. 

Again, in today's game you need 2 good tackles, I'd prefer they leave O'Neill on the right side but would understand if they made such a move or at least tried Reiff inside.

I'm not a huge fan of shifting guys around.  Remmers is built more to play inside, he just apparently isn't very good at it.  So, I'm not on board with shifting Reiff inside, as it's not a position he's played since college.  I'd much prefer to just leave the tackles as is and simply just upgrade the interior players, either via draft or FA.  

On 1/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, swede700 said:

Here's some guys, from what I read...

TE Josh Oliver (San Jose St) - The measurables are good, as he's 6'5", 255

OG Chris Lindstrom (BC) - The site I'm looking at says he's a better version of Will Hernandez.

OG Dru Samia (Oklahoma) - From the same line as Cody Ford and is indicated as an ideal zone blocking G.

C/OG Garrett Bradbury (NC State) - Described as a potential elite center.

DT Khalen Saunders (Western Illinois) - FCS guy, could be a 3-tech in the NFL, under the radar guy, but extremely athletic at 320 lbs.

Regarding another guy that I mentioned...

Defensive tackle prospect Khalen Saunders was planning to attend Senior Bowl practices Tuesday and Wednesday, and then jetting back to Chicago so he’d be on hand for the birth of his daughter, who was due next week.

But his daughter had different plans.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/23/daughters-early-arrival-caught-senior-bowl-prospect-off-guard/

He's got the character thing down.  

I only bring up the Reiff to guard talk because it’s been broached by PA... likely meaning he’s heard it bandied about ZygiWorld. 

At this point, all options are likely being considered as well. I’m perfectly fine with O’Neill sticking on the right side. 

Archived