2019 Draft Talk

swede700

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And in a recent mock draft (today, as a matter of fact), the guy in question has the Vikings taking Bradbury at #18, which would mean he'd take over center and Elflein would move to OG.  

Elflein could be a good fit as the interior backup. He hasn't looked very good at center but I believe he is good enough to be trusted as the backup. His potential is also what I like to see in the backup spots. Not sure if he is good enough at guard to backup there but there is reason for optimism considering he played guard in college.

Too early to relegate Elflein to a backup. He was “good” as a rookie and then struggled this year coming off of an injury that left his with no offseason. Top that off with playing next to two traffic cones, and it’s not a great recipe. 

He’s not above having competition brought in, but I honk he’s worthy of a do-over from this past season. He’s an ideal outside zone base center. 

Just getting into watching some OL prospects. Here are my early thoughts on the guys I watched:

Dalton Risner is a stud. Guy is good in all aspects. I think he could be successful in a lot of thoughts along the OL.

Andre Dillard is an impressive mover. If he can make the adjustment from a spread tackle to a guard in the NFL I think he will be very good. Really like his game.

Beau Benzschawel probably is my favorite I've seen so far. I like some nastiness at guard, and he has that. Always looking for work. I think he would bring some much needed attitude to this OL.

Michael Dieter didn't blow me away, but he's a steady eddie. Wouldn't mind him at all as a 3rd round guy.

17 hours ago, RpMc said:

Too early to relegate Elflein to a backup. He was “good” as a rookie and then struggled this year coming off of an injury that left his with no offseason. Top that off with playing next to two traffic cones, and it’s not a great recipe. 

He’s not above having competition brought in, but I honk he’s worthy of a do-over from this past season. He’s an ideal outside zone base center. 

Elflein gets one more year but I think having a strong veteran behind him would be ideal if a switch needs to be made during the season. Hopefully Easton is healthy enough to play, he'd fit that role and could also compete at LG.

just doesn't seem to be a standout Center prospect worth taking early if a switch is is to be made now.

Is he Daunte with good size hands?  

QB Tyree Jackson, Buffalo: Jackson measured a legit 6-foot-7, 249 pounds and has 10″ hands. These easily clear the thresholds for quarterbacks. Add in his powerful arm and mobility and Jackson will have Mobile buzzing by the end of the week.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/22/2019-senior-bowl-weigh-in-observations/

If you dive into this article, he sounds like Daunte combined with Tarvaris...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/22/2019-contextualized-quarterbacking-buffalo-qb-tyree-jackson/

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

Draft Risner, kick O’Neill left, Reiff inside, and draft another guard type. 

I would be on board. 

That sounds a little too similar to last season.  Reiff could bomb just as bad as Remmers inside.  Then what happens if O'Neil struggles on the left?  I mean they could try it but I would be worried until I see some success.

Archived