2019 Draft Talk

swede700

34 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I only bring up the Reiff to guard talk because it’s been broached by PA... likely meaning he’s heard it bandied about ZygiWorld. 

At this point, all options are likely being considered as well. I’m perfectly fine with O’Neill sticking on the right side. 

And at the end of the day, we don't have the luxary of being picky. If after free agency and the draft the best line configuration involves Reiff at G and/or O'Neill at LT than so be it. I would love to add two staring guards through the draft/FA, but if it winds up that Greg Little or Jonah Williams is sitting there and they are the best available on draft night, then take them. Don't force a guard if it isn't there. Get the best possible OL you can.

Catching up on senior bowl things on Twitter. Looking for our next, #3 WR, and the name Deebo Samuel keeps popping up.

what I’ve seen of his route running, he looks like he would fit in well with our current group. 

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

They both fit very well. 

From what I’ve seen Risner has shown the desired traits on film more than Ford, but Ford certainly has the athletic makeup for it. 

And from what I have read it seems like they both have a nice nasty streak to them. The Vikings offensive line needs a nice heaping of nastiness

14 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm thinking any of these OL would be great at 18 (in no order), most appear to have G/T flexibility as well which is awesome.

Jonah Williams
Greg Little
Jawaan Taylor
Dalton Risner
Cody Ford

Our luck, all five will be off the board at 18.

The Senior Bowl is loaded with talent and nearly every NFL scout, executive and coach has eyes on the crop of talent in Mobile this week. With 114 prospects in town, which one should each team be lasered in on? Let’s examine the perfect match for every team.

Minnesota Vikings – Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State

The Vikings are in search of zone-blocking interior offensive lineman and Bradbury might be the best one in the class. He shows advanced technique for a tight end convert, but his lateral mobility that leads to hitting reach blocks on three techniques is unbelievable. I love his range and ability to work in space. And while he isn’t the most powerful blocker, he has a knack for finding leverage points on defenders and creating movement.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/23/perfect-senior-bowl-prospect-for-every-nfl-team/2/

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm thinking any of these OL would be great at 18 (in no order), most appear to have G/T flexibility as well which is awesome.

Jonah Williams
Greg Little
Jawaan Taylor
Dalton Risner
Cody Ford

As of right now I think all 5 would be solid value for pick 18.  A number of mocks have two or 3 available around pick 18.  Of course a lot will change between now and April.

20 hours ago, RpMc said:

Catching up on senior bowl things on Twitter. Looking for our next, #3 WR, and the name Deebo Samuel keeps popping up.

what I’ve seen of his route running, he looks like he would fit in well with our current group. 

Deebo is a big time talent, I had him as a 1st rounder in August but that has changed, is probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder now.  Is really showing up with his speed and route running and looks pretty thick out there as an athlete.  But the kid gets injured a ton, has had two major injuries in his college career that made him miss huge amount of games two out of the four years he played college and he is a RS SR right now.   Could be a good pickup but we have needs on the OL and I doubt we take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round anyway.

Archived