2019 Draft Talk

swede700

15 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

You'd take a QB? Every year?

The QBs this year are terrible (mediocre at best).  I wouldn't really put any of them as a possible BPA at #18.  If teams were reasonable, they'd treat this QB class like they did in 2013 or 2000 when only 1 QB was even taken in the first round (and in 2013, there shouldn't have even been that 1).  

On 4/6/2019 at 4:21 PM, Ozzy said:

In terms of the Vikings 2nd round pick Jerry Tillery is looking better and better I feel.  Unless a 3/4 team takes him in the late 1st or early 2nd he could totally be there for the Vikings.  Could also go with DreMont Jones but Tillery is bigger, stronger and on paper more athletic.  Would not mind the quickness and burst Jones has inside either as a 2nd round pick but he did not time well that is for sure.   

There's probably very little chance that Tillery is there for #50.  I suspect someone will take him in the late 1st round.  I have the Vikings often taking Charles Omenihu in the 2nd round.  

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

There's probably very little chance that Tillery is there for #50.  I suspect someone will take him in the late 1st round.  I have the Vikings often taking Charles Omenihu in the 2nd round.  

True but honestly I have Dexter Lawrence ahead of Tillery, and same with Q. Williams, Oliver, Wilkins and Simmons...  Some have Tillery ahead of guys like Dexter Lawerence or Simmons and I do not believe that is the case.  And I doubt all will be picked in the 1st round so maybe one or two might drop.  I would not mind Omenihu at all at the 50 spot but I have him going at 47 to Carolina but could also go to 46 with Washington or 43 with Detroit etc.  Anthony Nelson is another option possibly or McCoy at center if for some reason they do not go OL in the 1st round.  

Also would be great if say Zach Allen or Ferguson dropped in that 2nd round to the 50th spot as well.  Would love to have either one of those two as well and honestly DL in the 2nd for the Vikings makes a ton of sense.  There is potentially more talent there which could drop than OL talent which could be gone for the most part where DL still will have plenty of guys left when they pick at 50.  

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I would ask the guy define 'true pass sets' because Washington State has crazy wide splits that are totally not done in the NFL.  Being out that wide helps in some regard because then the end is farther away from the QB, and with how quickly they usually get rid of the ball in that offense, it is hard to tell just how good Dillard is at pass pro.   And how is Greg Little not on this list, doubt he was under 99 true pass sets, come on....  Still Dillard makes a lot of sense on paper but then you either sit him as a rookie or move Reiff to a position he probably cannot play.  Thus in many ways it does not make a lot of sense.  

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Thanks for getting the definition, but still where is Greg Little in this list?  And 4+ pass rushers?  As compared to what 3?  Not many teams in college or football in general only rush three.  If it is a straight QB drop to 7 yards how can Washington State be included when he is already in the shot gun and drops maybe 2-3 years if that, almost the entire time and is never if rarely under center?  And of course they pass more, they run very little, the short passing game for Washington State to the backs which worked great this year was their run game....  And no screens?  Washington State threw a ton of screens or short out passes that were specifically designed to go to the backs if nothing else was open.  Still crazy but some like numbers and big shocker it is freaking PFF as the source....so I guess no surprise.

There has been some recent talk that DK Metcalf could slip into the 2nd. How would yall feel about possibly selecting him at #50? I wouldnt touch him in the 1st. But if he was there in the 2nd, that sure would be interesting. I doubt he will be, but who knows. Daniel Jeremiah believes there will only be 1 WR selected in the 1st (Hollywood). 

8 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

There has been some recent talk that DK Metcalf could slip into the 2nd. How would yall feel about possibly selecting him at #50? I wouldnt touch him in the 1st. But if he was there in the 2nd, that sure would be interesting. I doubt he will be, but who knows. Daniel Jeremiah believes there will only be 1 WR selected in the 1st (Hollywood). 

I still wouldn't take him.  I don't trust his hands or his route-running ability.  Thielen and Diggs have shown how important route-running ability is over physical skills.  And with his limited route tree sets at Ole Miss, I just can't pull the trigger on him, especially when the needs elsewhere are so much more significant.

18 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Saw people talking about how pass set reps make improvement, but now you take in account for how much better Dillard should be than the rest. It’s not there.

That means the guys below him getting more reps should improve even more? Become that much better than Dillard? An opportunity to grow?

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d rather have Parris Campbell. 

Idk, he’s one guy I just can’t 100% get behind. He’s basically a glorified RB. 

Not saying I wouldn’t take Metcalf or Campbell, but value wise I have about 5 receivers I’d rather have come in and play that #3 role than either of them.

Archived