2019 Draft Talk

swede700

10 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Looking forward to all of the rage post when the Vikings take Christian Wilkins

There’s going to be rage posts regardless of who they pick. If they don’t draft an offensive lineman, people will rage. Posters that you’ve never seen before will come to just complain.

And if they do draft a lineman, there will be posts about how it’s the wrong one, and/or a reach. 

Happens every year. 

52 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

There’s going to be rage posts regardless of who they pick. If they don’t draft an offensive lineman, people will rage. Posters that you’ve never seen before will come to just complain.

And if they do draft a lineman, there will be posts about how it’s the wrong one, and/or a reach. 

Happens every year. 

Oh no doubt, I just felt it necessary to get in some snark while making my prediction.

I personally wouldnt mind Wilkins at all i think hes going to be a stud. 

Id be happy with quite a few guys at 18, Jonah/Taylor/Dillard/Ford/Risner/Bradbury/Wilkins/Burns/Ferrell/Fant/Hock/Sweat.

A few guys i wouldnt be happy with, McGary/Little/any CB

16 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I personally wouldnt mind Wilkins at all i think hes going to be a stud. 

Id be happy with quite a few guys at 18, Jonah/Taylor/Dillard/Ford/Risner/Bradbury/Wilkins/Burns/Ferrell/Fant/Hock/Sweat.

A few guys i wouldnt be happy with, McGary/Little/any CB

I'd have no issue with Wilkins either. OL would need to be a prority in rounds 2 and 3 though.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I'd have no issue with Wilkins either. OL would need to be a prority in rounds 2 and 3 though.

With them signing Kline I have a hard time seeing them spend 2 of their first 3 picks on o line unless they make a trade or something. 

2 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

With them signing Kline I have a hard time seeing them spend 2 of their first 3 picks on o line unless they make a trade or something. 

I'd expect 2 in the first 4 rounds personally.  A real throw a ton of people at the problem and hope 5 decent ones stick situation.  Kline signed for good backup/bad starter money.  To pencil him in as a starter seems like terrible resource management imo.

My ideal draft scenario: Dillard is there at 18, the texans give us their 3rd to move up We take Bradbury in the 1st, a WR in the 2nd, and Tytus howard and Gerald Willis fall to us in the Third.  With the 4th I'd take Gary Johnson because he is my draft man crush lol. fill out depth with like a safety, rb, maybe another wr and probably a corner (or hyper athletic DE that falls for some reason)...because of course lol

13 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

It would depend upon who's still sitting on the board.  Wilkins isn't out of the question should Ford, Taylor, Williams and Dillard all be gone.  

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:
13 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

It would depend upon who's still sitting on the board.  Wilkins isn't out of the question should Ford, Taylor, Williams and Dillard all be gone.  

Agreed with Swede. If those top OL options are gone, I'm fine with not reaching. Also even if one is there and we pass on them but get someone like Lindstrom in round two.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Agreed with Swede. If those top OL options are gone, I'm fine with not reaching. Also even if one is there and we pass on them but get someone like Lindstrom in round two.

My issue with passing on one at 18 is that it virtually forces you to take one at 50, or to get aggressive and move up to take one. 

Hoping that one of the plug and play o-linemen is there at 50 is a massive gamble. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

My issue with passing on one at 18 is that it virtually forces you to take one at 50, or to get aggressive and move up to take one. 

Hoping that one of the plug and play o-linemen is there at 50 is a massive gamble. 

Reaching on someone in round one has the same issue. I do agree, it makes getting an OL at 50 or moving up to get one important, but reaching on one in round one so you don't reach on one in round two.... you see where I'm going with that.

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

Reaching on someone in round one has the same issue. I do agree, it makes getting an OL at 50 or moving up to get one important, but reaching on one in round one so you don't reach on one in round two.... you see where I'm going with that.

It's not a reach to take a starter in round one.

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If they reach for Kaleb McGary in the first round, he's not a starter in Year 1.  

Unless they feel he's a starter and have him on their board for pick 18. I'd imagine one of the top 5 OL should be available at 18. Value wise, most of them are extremely close anyway. It's hard to say it's a reach and even so, we might be talking a few picks, at which point, who cares. 

11 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

It's not a reach to take a starter in round one.

As I said in my first post, if the top OL prospects are gone, you aren't drafting a sure fire starter and passing on Wilkins who would likely start.

Archived