2019 Draft Talk

swede700

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

Traded up to pick 37. 

Traded 50,120,209

to the Giants

for 37,245

Coincidence in the mock above me. Based on how these mocks had been going of late he wasn’t going to last to 50.  Went 30 and 40 in the last two GM mocks.

With pick 37 I chose Irv Smith Jr.

I have the following picks left

And so far the Vikings 2019 draft class is...

1.25 Garrett Bradbury C NC State

2.37 Irv Smith Jr. TE Bama

I think the trade down worked well for Bradbury, but not a fan of the trade up.

Did a trade down draft on first-pick. Pick 18 for ARI's 1 pick in rounds 2,3,4 and then I also did a pick swap for our 1st comp pick in the 6th for the 41st pick in the 6th and then our first 7th rounder for the 2nd pick in round 7.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 1 (ARI): Risner, Dalton, OT/OG, Kansas State
Round 2 Pick 18: Simmons, Jeffery, DT, Mississippi State
Round 3 Pick 1 (ARI): Bradbury, Garrett, C/OG, North Carolina State
Round 3 Pick 17: Montgomery, David, RB, Iowa State
Round 4 Pick 1 (ARI): Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College
Round 4 Pick 18: Joseph, Vosean, OLB, Florida
Round 6 Pick 17: Bunting, Sean, CB, Central Michigan
Round 6 Pick 41 (K.C.): Brailford, Jordan, DE, Oklahoma State
Round 7 Pick 2 (K.C.): Boykin, Miles, WR, Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Worthington, Evan, SS, Colorado

I highly doubt half of the drafted players I got in the later rounds would be there but overall, I'd be ecstatic for this draft! Lots of quality trench players on both sides! I do worry about Simmons but his potential at that spot in the draft is crazy for value.

16 minutes ago, Saosin said:

Did a trade down draft on first-pick. Pick 18 for ARI's 1 pick in rounds 2,3,4 and then I also did a pick swap for our 1st comp pick in the 6th for the 41st pick in the 6th and then our first 7th rounder for the 2nd pick in round 7.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 1 (ARI): Risner, Dalton, OT/OG, Kansas State
Round 2 Pick 18: Simmons, Jeffery, DT, Mississippi State
Round 3 Pick 1 (ARI): Bradbury, Garrett, C/OG, North Carolina State
Round 3 Pick 17: Montgomery, David, RB, Iowa State
Round 4 Pick 1 (ARI): Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College
Round 4 Pick 18: Joseph, Vosean, OLB, Florida
Round 6 Pick 17: Bunting, Sean, CB, Central Michigan
Round 6 Pick 41 (K.C.): Brailford, Jordan, DE, Oklahoma State
Round 7 Pick 2 (K.C.): Boykin, Miles, WR, Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Worthington, Evan, SS, Colorado

I highly doubt half of the drafted players I got in the later rounds would be there but overall, I'd be ecstatic for this draft! Lots of quality trench players on both sides! I do worry about Simmons but his potential at that spot in the draft is crazy for value.

The draft itself would be awesome, however you hit the nail on the head in terms of player availability with some selections.

Have you tried The Draft Networks new mock draft machine? IMO it is much more realistic with where players are "likely" to be selected. Only downside at this time is they don't have a trade feature.

28 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Erik Mccoy was but he was taken at 39 now. Little Risner and Lindstrom were all gone 

I don't know about others but I'd be pretty happy to come out of the draft with Bradbury and McCoy at 25 and 37 respectively.

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Meh. 

Id rather hold at 50, and keep the picks. Tight end is extremely deep in the draft, and it’s not a big enough need to warrant a trade up, in my opinion. 

The question is what kind of tier drop are you willing to do on TE?  You're probably looking at a 50/50 shot of Fant and Hock at 18, let alone at 50.  Irv Smith probably goes somewhere in that 30-44 range, so hoping he falls to their SRP seems unlikely.  They'd probably need to move up if they want to grab Irv Smith.  Otherwise, you're probably digging into that next tier (Sternberger, Oliver, etc.).

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The question is what kind of tier drop are you willing to do on TE?  You're probably looking at a 50/50 shot of Fant and Hock at 18, let alone at 50.  Irv Smith probably goes somewhere in that 30-44 range, so hoping he falls to their SRP seems unlikely.  They'd probably need to move up if they want to grab Irv Smith.  Otherwise, you're probably digging into that next tier (Sternberger, Oliver, etc.).

And that next tier is just fine. The Vikings don’t need a tight end. If an upgrade presents itself at 50, maybe, but the tight end position isn’t valuable enough to warrant a move up, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

If we double dip on OL in the first 3 rounds, and also try pick up a DT or Edge with the other pick, I would be interested if Kahale Warring was there in the 4th

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

The question is what kind of tier drop are you willing to do on TE?

It wouldn't be terrible if the Vikings didn't get any TE at all out of the draft. If there is no TE of value available to the Vikings throughout the draft they have no reason to force themselves to draft a TE. David Morgan and Kyle Rudolph are plenty good enough as the starting TEs for now.  TE is a position of imminent need so they ought to take one if one of value is available to them but thee team has plenty other positions of imminent need to consider as well.

Archived