Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, palmy50 said:

I have no clue why I keep reading that comp on here. That talent gap is as big as the difference in play styles!!!

Boykin was VERY well coached and as pro ready as they come. Classic YAC receiver that just wasn't an NFL talent.

Allison was a very raw former junior college kid with some baggage but a very talented corner fade type. 

I'd give a small lean to Boykin with the ball in his hands because it's clearly never going to be a strong point for Allison. I would lean Allison for truly every other aspect of position played though when it comes to actual talent. 

Keep Allison out of the slot and he'll be just fine!

I was referring to the production more than the player.  I think the similarities between them end at: WR that was a little on the slow side for the position and played for the Packers.

3 hours ago, palmy50 said:
4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fair enough. Can you tell us which of the three newbies you liked best at that spot?

J'Mon is a taller, faster Adams if you have faith in your ability to teach the tree. That was a very simple tree he ran in college and he only played the left boundary. 

MVS has a Randy Moss type size/speed combo. His speed plays in pads also. There is some real upside here but he needs to develop his point game if he wants the rest to play up to his true ability. If he wants it bad enough and is willing to do the work he could be special. Worth the investment here in my opinion. 

I'm assuming you like Allison quite a bit more than the three rookies for 2018, am I right? 

Ryan Wood from TC:

"Nice grab from #Packers rookie Marquez Valdes-Scantling, going high to catch well-thrown ball from DeShone Kizer over safety Martin Evans in back of end zone. Valdes-Scantling will drop some easy ones, but then he makes plays like that to show his potential "

12 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Is Kumerow going to have a serious shot at the roster? Everything I read about him is positive. 

I have a hard time seeing it unless a WR gets hurt before the cuts. There are 7 WRs I would roster ahead of him, with Davis really only there for PR

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I have a hard time seeing it unless a WR gets hurt before the cuts. There are 7 WRs I would roster ahead of him, with Davis really only there for PR

Agreed. A bit like Max McCaffery, he will do nothing but catch balls and make plays and hope to be putting on a great audition for his next team. 

7 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Agreed. A bit like Max McCaffery, he will do nothing but catch balls and make plays and hope to be putting on a great audition for his next team. 

IMHO it will all come down to special teams. If Kumerow can be the gunner "you know who" was, then he's got a great chance. If not, then not so much. Kumerow and the three rooks all have intriguing potential. The ones that can contribute in some way while developing their potential have the best chance of making the 53. For the rest it's onto the PS.

26 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I still gotta think you've got a shot when you're getting reps wit the 1's and catching Long TDs from Rodgers.

Archived