2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

18 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Up to week 6 this is where I have them ranked:

Screenshot_2018-10-08_talkdraft_net_QB.p

I'm a big fan of Montez since last season and the tools are top of the draft caliber but he's still a neophyte. That spread offense and Shenault are helping him a lot. He could easily keep rising though if he continues to get better in the 2nd half.

Stidham's disappointed. He hasn't taken off like I thought he would.

Haskins is a #1 overall pick type talent. He's just way too inexperienced.

I don't think Murray is just benefiting from the system. He'll have a legit decision to make at some point whether it'll be football or baseball.

The complete surprise to me is Mineshew. He's running a stat inflating raid but his poise, accuracy, progression reads and mobility are eye popping. I'm not sure about his arm but it doesn't look disqualifying to me.

Lock has Derek Carr arm talent. But I'm not really a fan. Too mechanical and gets flustered. Really much of the same criticism of Carr but Carr had the benefit of advanced knowledge of pro def schemes and pro offenses. He's likely a 1st round pick in April and I've got him too low rn but I'm staying conservative on him for now.

Finley is Mannion with a weaker arm to me.

Is Milton from ucf not draftable in your opinion?

Re: Haskins, he's got amazing tools...but he's so freaking raw.  His play with any type of pressure just crumbles.  That is just not something you want in a 1st round QB. 

Montez will have very little real tape after this year, but it will help a ton to see him vs. real competition this year.   So far he hasn't really faced any.

Honestly, this QB class is so meh at the top, other than Herbert.  And no matter what anyone does, they are going to go into 2019 with so many more Q marks than any of the top 3 in 2018 did, and Allen's ceiling far surpasses them all (but at least you can say he has just as many Q marks as the top guys save Herbert IMO).   Herbert is no OMG-elite guy, either - I'd have put him at #4 in this year's past draft.  But he's still head and shoulders ahead of his peers right now.  Problem is, that also makes him a top 5-10 guy easy.  Which I'm not as comfortable with (but I get the argument, we've had it b4, so not trying to rehash - just that we look to have 5-6 elite talents, just not at QB, and 2 generational ones), but it's likely going to happen.

(Who am I kidding, if DEN got Herbert, I'd do backflips, given our situation - unless Chad Kelly somehow is a thing - anyone else in Rd1...man, meh).

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

If Montez can perform well in the next 2 games, he'll easily be QB2 in my eyes.After that it's sort of a mishmosh. Guys like Stidham, Haskins, and Stanley would be in the mix. Murray isn't an NFL QB. He's too small.

I agree he'd shoot way up the rankings..and in this class, it could easily be argued.  But man, the uncertainty with even him would be sky-high for a Rd1 pick.  Let's face it, 2-3 QB's are going to go Rd1.   Right now, the only guy I think earns that grade is Herbert.   Everyone else, it's so iffy, the flags are very real either in physical limits / throwing ability / reading & recognition / game experience against good teams.   And most of them have at least 2 areas.   Man, it's just not a good year to think you need to hit QB early.

13 hours ago, Classic said:

Nate Stanley is legit. Looking impressive against Wisconsin and Minnesota.

He started slow this season but has started to come around. Was playing too tight. Has the tools.to be successful in league. I need him to start tweaking his ball placement. 

Has had 3 pretty good games last 4 weeks(including bye) but he's had a few throws that could have yielded big TDs and a few that if placement was a bit better, would have turned marginal gains into huge plays

I don't think he's ready to jump as a Junior but will be one of the guys to watch for the 2020 class

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Agreed, he's definitely going to be a riser

The game against VT was great. The stats don't do it justice, his receivers dropped a handful of beautifully placed deep balls that should have been touchdowns. And he did it all just three weeks after breaking his collarbone. He's the kind of guy that players will get behind.

14 hours ago, Broncofan said:

(Who am I kidding, if DEN got Herbert, I'd do backflips, given our situation - unless Chad Kelly somehow is a thing - anyone else in Rd1...man, meh).

How many chances is Elway going get to fix the QB though? Paxton, Seiman, Brock 2.0, and now Keenum all look like duds and if you guys fire Vance Joesph this year and start all over. Is his seat warm?

1 hour ago, Classic said:

How many chances is Elway going get to fix the QB though? Paxton, Seiman, Brock 2.0, and now Keenum all look like duds and if you guys fire Vance Joesph this year and start all over. Is his seat warm?

He’s probably getting 1 more chance.  He’s definitely getting heat.   He’s only 3 years from the pinnacle - so he’s going to get a little more leash.  Brock wasn’t the same level mistake (although he wasn’t good, he wasn’t nearly the same investment, either).    But he’s no longer Teflon-level safe, either - Lynch was his major fail (Siemian was the fallback while they waited for Lynch), and for whatever reason he and Kubiak took their next shot not on the deepest top end QB class in several years - but on Case freaking Keenum.  

So yeah it’s a big issue now.  One big miss is understandable (Siemian was out of necessity).  But two is no longer easy to write off.  So yeah, the seat’s starting to warm.  He does likely get a final shot, though, for both QB and HC.  

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Actually, he hasn't.

That's fine, you can continue your crusade to slander Haskins all you want and hide behind stats, what you fail to realize hiding behind stats are the PDs, PI's, and drops that factor into those passes, but continue to blindly hate. As a matter of fact, just say you don't like the guy and stand behind it.

Archived