2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Very toolsy kid. I think he's going to go a lot higher than people think, especially in a poor QB class. He's got tools, but he's not JUST tools. He's got some polish and has played well against some good teams. I haven't watched him since he was a freshman, but I was VERY impressed with him, thinking he would eventually become a star and a 1st round prospect.

Am I missing something?  Because toolsy isn't what I'd used to describe him.

13 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Thoughts on Tyree Jackson? I saw him play in-person a few weeks ago, and the guy looks like a monster compared to his teammates. He's huge and has a cannon - the difference between his deep passes and what the other QB's were throwing was massive. 

I can kinda see what some people are talking about when they say he's a bit like Josh Allen.  He does have size, an arm, and a more flattering Comp% i guess...but he looks a lot more like what many people were convinced Allen was.  ie. A Paxton Lynch.  With Tyree Jackson, there are some absolute wow throws downfield...but the process just seems slower, laggier.  Just seems to take longer to get all those long limbs behind the throw and deliver it.  That's one of the things that imo, made Allen potentially special.  A really quick process from a variety of platforms, from a guy with that kind of size, and generating that kind of velocity.  I don't see that from Jackson.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Am I missing something?  Because toolsy isn't what I'd used to describe him.

Yeah.  I wouldn't call Jones all that "toolsy" either.  He kinda reminds me of Philip Rivers, minus the armstrength and maybe plus a little mobility.  He's got the Ht-Wt numbers, but he's not a real athlete and he doesn't have a monster arm from what i've seen.  He's intriguing though, with that size and the way he can often work through traffic and pressure to connect.

I used to be big into the nfl draft.  Now I come to the forums to read about players in preparation for my Dynasty Fantasy league.  I'm a big college football fan but don't have too much time to actually do deep dives/prospect analysis like I used to.   

Anyway does anyone have thoughts on Brett Rypien?  Is he just too small?  Other issues? He looks great every time I have Boise on.  

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thoughts on the QB class overall? Any QB worth a top 3 pick for the Raiders?

God, no. 

Ed Oliver & Nick Bosa are Donald/Joey Bosa like talents.  You pray you get to the 1 or 2 pick, and get your Mack DPOY replacement.

You have 2 1sts after that, even then it might be a reach who you take (because Herbert likely gone before you pick at CHI or DAL's spot).   Maybe if you really want Herbert that badly, you package both 1sts and a Day 2 pick for an early enough pick to take Herbert - but you do NOT pass on Oliver/Bosa.

Well, since it's a division rival, then again, yeah, go ahead and take QB over either guy.   The AFCW will thank you.

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Is Dwayne Haskins any good? Any other risers? This class seems really uninspiring.

Yes. He has a few concerns with pocket presence and how to slide around in the pocket when pressure comes. Outside of that accuracy, arm strength, size, is off the charts. He does a lot of things with accuracy/ball placement that you hope others can eventually grow into. Really polished passer, just has a few things to clean up in terms of multiple reads and pocket presence but he will be a fantastic pro.

I dont think he will declare this year however. He will get another year at OSU to compete for a title shot then come out.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yes. He has a few concerns with pocket presence and how to slide around in the pocket when pressure comes. Outside of that accuracy, arm strength, size, is off the charts. He does a lot of things with accuracy/ball placement that you hope others can eventually grow into. Really polished passer, just has a few things to clean up in terms of multiple reads and pocket presence but he will be a fantastic pro.

I dont think he will declare this year however. He will get another year at OSU to compete for a title shot then come out.

I am torn on whether he declares. On one hand, the chances are so slim of his stock improving anymore next season due to the QB class in 2020. Obviously he needs the year of development, but from a perspective of going as high as possible, this would be the year for him to declare. 

But he's been performing under my expectations for the most part, as a Buckeye alum I watch him pretty closely. I'd like to see him become more consistent. Definitely struggles under pressure, but even when he's not, he still doesn't always hit the deep balls. It's more hit than miss, but he still needs to improve. He's only a redshirt soph so there's obviously room to grow.

Also, this is unrelated to the '19 class, but I would not be surprised to see several teams tank for Tua in 2020.

Archived