2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

On 2018-10-23 at 2:37 AM, Broncofan said:

God, no. 

Ed Oliver & Nick Bosa are Donald/Joey Bosa like talents.  You pray you get to the 1 or 2 pick, and get your Mack DPOY replacement.

You have 2 1sts after that, even then it might be a reach who you take (because Herbert likely gone before you pick at CHI or DAL's spot).   Maybe if you really want Herbert that badly, you package both 1sts and a Day 2 pick for an early enough pick to take Herbert - but you do NOT pass on Oliver/Bosa.

Well, since it's a division rival, then again, yeah, go ahead and take QB over either guy.   The AFCW will thank you.

Ed Oliver is overrated. Buckner and Allen were better DT prospects than him. Still great talent though 

15 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Ed Oliver is overrated. Buckner and Allen were better DT prospects than him. Still great talent though 

Meh even if you think that (I don’t - scheme limits his #’s the talent is generational - closest we may see to Donald Combine #’s with that tape), with 2 other firsts the QB’s here aren’t worth passing on that level talent.    This isn’t an either/or situation with OAK owning 3 1sts likely in the top 20.   Herbert is the only one I see a franchise QB as a better than 50-50 outcome, and only barely so.   This isn’t 2018 v2.   This is way more like 2011...except there is no Cam.  

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Meh even if you think that (I don’t - scheme limits his #’s the talent is generational - closest we may see to Donald Combine #’s with that tape), with 2 other firsts the QB’s here aren’t worth passing on that level talent.    This isn’t an either/or situation with OAK owning 3 1sts likely in the top 20.   Herbert is the only one I see a franchise QB as a better than 50-50 outcome, and only barely so.   This isn’t 2018 v2.   This is way more like 2011...except there is no Cam.  

So scheme is limiting Oliver numbers at Houston. 

Also I agree Raiders shouldn't take QB. Tank for #1 and trade to Giants for multiple 1st and 2nds. Draft Nick Bosa this year and tank again for #1 pick next year and get Tua. Now Raiders look like team on the upswing and Gruden looks like a genius 

It’s so telling every guy that gets propped up as the next guy to be early Rd1 worthy shows their flaws.  And not even vs. great competition.   And we are almost in November.   

It’s looking more and more like the 2011 class.  Minus a Cam like talent.   At least when it comes to taking a QB early.   

I don’t mind taking a shot later given there are a lot of projects but man the thought of a Day 1 pick is just terrifying. The price to get Herbert, Jones, whoever, it’s going to cost so much more than letting the top 4 guys fall to teams in need last year.  And it’s  nowhere near the risk/reward profile of last year’s class (even Lamar IMO) - and unlike last year, the non-QB talent pool at the top certainly justifies passing and going trenches.   Sigh at DEN being one of those QB needy teams.  

On 10/27/2018 at 11:56 AM, Activated10 said:

So scheme is limiting Oliver numbers at Houston. 

Also I agree Raiders shouldn't take QB. Tank for #1 and trade to Giants for multiple 1st and 2nds. Draft Nick Bosa this year and tank again for #1 pick next year and get Tua. Now Raiders look like team on the upswing and Gruden looks like a genius 

He plays NT for them, he would be used more as a pass rusher in the NFL. 

Also the Giants' aren't stupid. Hence we didn't take either Mr. 50% (Darnold or Allen) with the #2 pick last year. We are bad all over the field, I doubt anyone (sans maybe Oakland) would trade multiple firsts for a bad QB. No one really thinks Herbert is the real deal, they think he has the potential to be, but he isn't currently. You don't mortgage your future for a not even a 30/70 chance to be a franchise QB (unless your the Browns prior Dorsey). 

Also why would the Giants' trade down from #1 overall where they're currently projected to pick? 

58 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

I would also rather have Ryan Finley than any QB in this class. 

Agree in many ways, Grier is close if not a little better in terms of his mobility and big play ability but yeah Finely is playing like a 1st round pick at QB, some others are not like Lock, Herbert and Stidham.  Herbert might be picked that high just on assumed upside but I heard he might be coming back to school as a SR.  Finley there is a ton to like about him that is for sure, spreads the ball around, has very good accuracy and a strong arm as well.

Archived