Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

22 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Easy to unhich a wagon when they're accused of groping a woman in her crotch after a rape accusation in college and subpar play for three years.

He's physically talented with great weapons on offense.  He's in the 20-32 range as far as what he can do for a team, and there are at LEAST 20 quarterbacks in the NFL right now that could perform as well as he could in the Buccaneers offense.  

He had a 92.5 QBR last year. He's no world beater but it's quite possible he's an ascending player at his age. He has as much chance of being benched as Mariota.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If the Saints fail to reach the playoffs this year and end up with a top 10 pick somehow, this move is going to be Gute's Rodgers. 

Anything in the teens for me is awesome cause we have ammo to move up

I could definitely see us playing with this "future asset" and  either picking a QB or kicking this down the road (trading it next year for a future 1). Rodgers is 34, has 2 years on his deal, and was hurt last year. Having the ammo to get the next guy should be on the team's radar.

I also think NO takes a step back. The NFCS is loaded, and last year NO didn't really have injuries (kind of due for a karma reverse... they were 7-9 three years in a row beforehand afterall)

1 hour ago, fattlipp said:

Yeah they are a Kamara injury away from a 5-6 win season,  and I was surprised he didn't get nicked up last year.  Watch for him to have hammy issues carrying the load for the first 4 games...

Packers were extremely high on Karma too, but New Orleans swooped him up a round earlier than expected. They knew too!

20 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I could definitely see us playing with this "future asset" and  either picking a QB or kicking this down the road (trading it next year for a future 1). Rodgers is 34, has 2 years on his deal, and was hurt last year. Having the ammo to get the next guy should be on the team's radar.

I also think NO takes a step back. The NFCS is loaded, and last year NO didn't really have injuries (kind of due for a karma reverse... they were 7-9 three years in a row beforehand afterall)

There's like a 1% chance they take a QB.  They just traded for DeShone Kizer, and supposedly next year's QB class is pretty damn bad.

The Packers biggest coming needs are DL, Edge rusher, FS seeing at Wilkerson, Daniels, Lowry, Matthews, Fackrell and Clinton-Dix are all FAs in the next two years.

And the 2019 draft is said to be packed with DL and edge rushers... so it might be a perfect time to draft some new blood at the positions.

QB, OT and ILB are also needed, but the Packers are probably going to resign Rodgers... they have lots of OTs options to decided to resign and ILB isn't as much of an important position in the 3-4 as it is in the 4-3, and they just drafted an ILB in the 3rd round.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

There's like a 1% chance they take a QB.  They just traded for DeShone Kizer, and supposedly next year's QB class is pretty damn bad.

Few things;
A few things would have to happen for this,  but it is very possible. AR is going to be 35, coming off an injury, and wants 30M a year. If he got hurt again (like a 15% chance). I'd say it is more like 20% chance we drafted a QB than 1

Kizer sucked in Cleveland and we traded a player with one year on his deal for him. We don't have anything invested in him. If he sucks, and we were in the situation where we could draft a college QB high, we would. I think he'll make the team, but if he bombed in camp, it wouldn't shock me if he was cut this year.

Also, draft guros always say next year's class sucks, then 2-3 QB do great in college and then all of a sudden there is 1985 propaganda spit out. Mayfield was projected as like a mid rounder and went one. Trubisky went one coming out of nowhere. Pat Mahommes came out of nowhere to go top 10ish. It happens

Archived