ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Only time he stopped us was when Lue was a moron and didn’t play TT. Once Lue removed his head from his butt and put TT on him, Hartford’s impact shrunk

His impact certainly shrunk but my point is that in spite of that he found ways to rise above and elevate his impact again. Not often enough to win games but often enough that he improved and should have a foundation to build on next time they match up. Especially with Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward back.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

i mean he got to the line 11 times today and he still settled way more than he does at home. Does he just feed off the home crowd? I don't know what it is, but there is such a big discrepancy. 

A sign of confidence in himself by putting trust in his teammates to make shots.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

A sign of confidence in himself by putting trust in his teammates to make shots.

But how does that explain being more aggressive at home and living in the paint compared to shooting more perimeter shots on the road? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But how does that explain being more aggressive at home and living in the paint compared to shooting more perimeter shots on the road? 

Or he attacks more cause the shooters will be better at home, so being aggressive sets them up better. Only other reason I can think off

A 20 year old rookie just dropped 24 points on 9-17 shooting in a game 7 and yammed on LeBron and hit a three pointer on the next possession to take the lead.....Bruh, like what the hell is that? And he was the only composed Celtic in the 4th quarter, while others were pressing and taking nothing but three pointers. And for some reason they went completely away from Tatum who had only one shot down the stretch where he got stripped I believe. How does that make any sense? 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Or he attacks more cause the shooters will be better at home, so being aggressive sets them up better. Only other reason I can think off

But these shooters can't create on their own and depend heavily on LeBron's dribble penetration. If he's not aggressive, then the others aren't going to be all that good. Not like he has another scoring option like Kyrie who could get 40 on his own and could help him create shots for others. 

I hope someone asks him about this during finals week. 

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Who are the shooters in philly? I don’t think JJ will be back if James is in town. I also don’t know how much Embiid is going to like accepting the Bosh/Love roll. 

Also who does Houston give up for James? James isn’t going to accept less money. He said after his Miami days he wants to be the high paid player. He didn’t accept less money to help Cleveland out. Don’t see him doing that in Philly or Houston. He really just needs to recruit a player. Needs to recruit PG to Cleveland

LeBron can opt in like CP3 and force a trade to Houston.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's just a theory, but being more passive to kick out or shoot from the perimeter when away from Cleveland seems like trusting his teammates or himself to make shots is a tactic to get the team focus on themselves and not be rattled by the crowd. That and to conserve a little bit of energy.

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

A 20 year old rookie just dropped 24 points on 9-17 shooting in a game 7 and yammed and LeBron and hit a three pointer on the next possession to take the lead.....Bruh, like what the hell is that? And he was the only composed Celtic in the 4th quarter, while others were pressing and taking nothing but three pointers. And for some reason they went completely away from Tatum who had only one shot down the stretch where he got stripped I believe. How does that make any sense? 

Well in response to your first rhetorically asked question, the truly great players shine. For the Celtics, the only truly great player they had was Tatum. The rest are developing.

Archived