ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

cavs went 7 games with the pacers and a celtics team without their 2 best players and yall expect them to possibly beat the rockets?  even without paul they not beating us.

Pacers and Celtics are both extremely physical teams. It really messed with the shooters for Cleveland. It’s weird, Toronto played more finesse and the shooters actually showed up. Rockets are not as physical as the Pacers and Celtics. Rockets don’t need to play like that with the way they run their scheme. So what happen with the Pacers and Celtics plays no role on a potential rocket Cavs match up. 

33 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Pacers and Celtics are both extremely physical teams. It really messed with the shooters for Cleveland. It’s weird, Toronto played more finesse and the shooters actually showed up. Rockets are not as physical as the Pacers and Celtics. Rockets don’t need to play like that with the way they run their scheme. So what happen with the Pacers and Celtics plays no role on a potential rocket Cavs match up. 

"rockets arent as physical as pacers and celtics?"

what is that supposed to mean?

36 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yes they are.  The Rockets have played the Warriors very physical.  They're playing very aggressive defensively.  

29 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

"rockets arent as physical as pacers and celtics?"

what is that supposed to mean?

Um it’s means the rockets are more of a finesse team than a physical team...

26 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yes they are.  The Rockets have played the Warriors very physical.  They're playing very aggressive defensively.  

Too a point but not nearly as aggressive as pacers played or the way the Celtics played. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

i just noticed the Cavs didn't wear them matching suits yesterday? No coincidence they won lol. 

I think they did it twice vs the Pacers and went 1-1. I don’t remember if they went with the matching suits during the Toronto series for any game

7 hours ago, lancerman said:

It's kind of hard when you have Brown literally launching a 3 up in the air the second he gets the ball. Whenever Tatum had the ball good things happened. Brown was just trying to shoot 3's all game and he was not sinking them. It was pathetic. 

And Brown wasn't the only one. Horford was the only one making smart decisions and Tatum was the only one getting it done. Everybody else was playing like they were down by 20. 

I have no issue with Brown's aggressiveness, it's won us games and kept us in games. Tatum, however great he may be, does not look to score often enough. If you could combine Brown's aggressiveness with Tatum's ability off the dribble, we'd be looking at a top 10 player 

25 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I have no issue with Brown's aggressiveness, it's won us games and kept us in games. Tatum, however great he may be, does not look to score often enough. If you could combine Brown's aggressiveness with Tatum's ability off the dribble, we'd be looking at a top 10 player 

Tatum's not going to get the ball at all when Brown, Rozier and Smart are all standing at the perimeter and launching 3's the second they get the ball and half open look. The fact is they didn't let plays develop enough and the only times Tatum really went off was when he was fortunate enough to have the ball in a possession and then just went rogue and tried to make something happen. And when he did, good things happened. 

There were literally two series of rebounds at the end where Baynes got the rebound and passed it and the players instantly took another 3 for no reason despite open lanes. 

Brown was absolutely a liability last night. People crapped on Rozier all thread when Brown was just as bad if not worse.

Just now, lancerman said:

Tatum's not going to get the ball at all when Brown, Rozier and Smart are all standing at the perimeter and launching 3's the second they get the ball and half open look. The fact is they didn't let plays develop enough and the only times Tatum really went off was when he was fortunate enough to have the ball in a possession and then just went rogue and tried to make something happen. And when he did, good things happened. 

There were literally two series of rebounds at the end where Baynes got the rebound and passed it and the players instantly took another 3 for no reason despite open lanes. 

Brown was absolutely a liability last night. People crapped on Rozier all thread when Brown was just as bad if not worse.

And you (or anyone) don't watch enough Celtics if you think Brown's aggressive style wasn't one of the key points to the Celtics success this year and especially in the postseason. No reason to be tentative in a game 7. Brown played the way he has all postseason, shots just weren't falling. When Tatum kept disappearing on the road, Brown was normally the player to keep them above water in the offensive droughts. Rozier, however, I thought held the ball way too much and let the moment get to him and definitely didn't play within himself. 

Normal Smart game, though. 

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I'll never forget yelling at Terry to pull up for 3 on that break when he pulled up and tried to space jam yam on lebron james for some reason I'll never understand 

He tends to do that quite often actually. I'd rather see him drive than only settle on outside shots though...

Archived