ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

40 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Who are the shooters in philly? I don’t think JJ will be back if James is in town. I also don’t know how much Embiid is going to like accepting the Bosh/Love roll. 

Also who does Houston give up for James? James isn’t going to accept less money. He said after his Miami days he wants to be the high paid player. He didn’t accept less money to help Cleveland out. Don’t see him doing that in Philly or Houston. He really just needs to recruit a player. Needs to recruit PG to Cleveland

Cavs probably retain James and get one good free agent and one other decent player. Cleveland seems like a top three destination for Paul George along with LA and staying in OKC.

I'm pretty surprised by this outcome. I won't say the Celtics played poorly defensively because they played well enough to win most games, but their inexperience and youth certainly showed up in the offensive side of the box score. I'm sad because the Cavs didn't even play well and the Celtics couldn't beat them. 

I hate basketball, I hate the basketball gods, I hate Morris over Baynes 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

I'm pretty surprised by this outcome. I won't say the Celtics played poorly defensively because they played well enough to win most games, but their inexperience and youth certainly showed up in the offensive side of the box score. I'm sad because the Cavs didn't even play well and the Celtics couldn't beat them. 

I hate basketball, I hate the basketball gods, I hate Morris over Baynes 

Stevens was quite horrid in his substitutions and adjustments or lack there of.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Stevens was quite horrid in his substitutions and adjustments or lack there of.

I mean it doesn't even matter, the Cs were great defensively. They got LeBron to take bad shots. They were just rushed offensively or shrunk offensively. A bad game from Boston as a whole. 

I think Marcus Smart's performance cost him Millions as I believe he freshly reminded everyone how he is a stupid offensive player. Though I will always love his intensity and defense. I am not upset at seeing him go elsewhere. While I can see him do well on teams that need a defensive identity like a Denver or Phoenix, I no longer want him taking bad shots and killing Celtics offensive flow. Thank you for what you've brought to us in the past 4 years but it is time to move on

Marcus Smart is what he is. You can't rely on him to give you consistent offensive performances but dude is a great defender that just makes things happen. If Kyrie was playing, then he wouldn't have had to or had the opportunity to take some of the ill advised jumpers. 

So Hood got benched because he was terrible, but he was never a net negative on the court the way Clarkson is. Hood was just bad, but Clarkson truly brings the team down. Undisciplined on both ends. Why does he continue to get minutes? 

It's always interesting to see celebrations after conference finals wins to see which players celebrate and which players just soak it in. In the locker room while mostly everyone was rapping/dancing, Hill/Green were sitting there kind of speechless. Both been in the league 10+ years and they finally get their first finals trip. 

Kevin Love once and for all exposed as a true scrub this series. No other way around it. If he was half the player we thought he was from his days stuffing the stat sheet for 20 win Wolves teams, he would be such a difference maker on this crappy Cavs team. Instead they go and win 2 games without him and don't even miss a beat. No great player gets rendered invisible for simply being a bad fit (which I would agree, Love has always been with this team), so don't give me that. I know many came to this retaliation several years ago, but I kept getting reeled back in to thinking the sleeping giant was still there, just not needing to "come out"...

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Kevin Love once and for all exposed as a true scrub this series. No other way around it. If he was half the player we thought he was from his days stuffing the stat sheet for 20 win Wolves teams, he would be such a difference maker on this crappy Cavs team. Instead they go and win 2 games without him and don't even miss a beat. No great player gets rendered invisible for simply being a bad fit (which I would agree, Love has always been with this team), so don't give me that. I know many came to this retaliation several years ago, but I kept getting reeled back in to thinking the sleeping giant was still there, just not needing to "come out"...

I wonder what Cleveland could get if they offered Kevin Love and the number 8 pick in the draft. But if LeBron James resigns you would think they would have to upgrade somehow with a more win-now player.

Though obviously Kevin Love stock has to be way down now

Well, with no Love they were able to pretty much switch everything and that definitely helped in slowing down the Celtics. The Cavs offense was pretty trash for much of the game though. Love just can't do anything going agile big men that could close out on his outside shot. And his post game leaves a lot of to be desired. He does pretty much the same move every single time regardless of who si guarding him in the post. In Minny he was able to be a volume scorer as the offense ran through him the entire game so his stats were great. Obviously doesn't get that luxury in Cleveland...and nor should he. But I thought in the regular season he was pretty damn good. Did about as well as one would expect from him. 

So Cavs going back to putting TT on the bench and starting Love at C vs the Dubs or Rockets?

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Cavs probably retain James and get one good free agent and one other decent player. Cleveland seems like a top three destination for Paul George along with LA and staying in OKC.

Where’s the cap for PG in CLE coming from ?

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, with no Love they were able to pretty much switch everything and that definitely helped in slowing down the Celtics. The Cavs offense was pretty trash for much of the game though. Love just can't do anything going agile big men that could close out on his outside shot. And his post game leaves a lot of to be desired. He does pretty much the same move every single time regardless of who si guarding him in the post. In Minny he was able to be a volume scorer as the offense ran through him the entire game so his stats were great. Obviously doesn't get that luxury in Cleveland...and nor should he. But I thought in the regular season he was pretty damn good. Did about as well as one would expect from him. 

So Cavs going back to putting TT on the bench and starting Love at C vs the Dubs or Rockets?

Love at C vs the Rockets would be disastrous. Capela will demolish Love on both ends. TT starts vs HOU and if they play GS Cavs ought to play Love and Green together. 

Archived