ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

27 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I mean, even with Kevin Love, what rosters are worse & devoid of young talent like a squad of:

George Hill

JR Smith

Jeff Green

Kevin Love

Tristan Thompson

Have you watched the Cavs play basketball when LeBron is resting on the bench?

You're moving the goal-posts now. You originally asked which rosters are worse. The worse rosters aren't devoid of young talent. But:

George Hill

Kyle Korver

Rodney Hood

Kevin Love

Tristan Thompson

Is not the worst starting 5 in the NBA. And then they have Larry Nance, J.R., Clarkson, and Green off the bench.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Disagree. Love is a really good rebounder and would draw Capela away from the rim for LeBron to attack on offense. Love is soft on defense, but it's not like Capela has some awesome post game or anything. I think we would start:

Hill

Smith

James

Love

Thompson

...but there'd be no significant edge in the Capela-Love matchup.

They'd demolish you guys with PnRs if you tried to run with that lineup. And if Love is sitting on the 3PT line, I'd just rotate P.J. Tucker onto him. Love will have issues with the Rockets. They'll attack him with PnRs. But I agree you're better off going with Love at the 5 if he's on the court. That all said, TT's superior defense likely gives you a better shot against the PnR. However, at the end of the day, I'm not sure it matters. That Cavs defense is going to get exploited somewhere. It's just too leaky.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You're moving the goal-posts now. You originally asked which rosters are worse. The worse rosters aren't devoid of young talent. But:

George Hill

Kyle Korver

Rodney Hood

Kevin Love

Tristan Thompson

Is not the worst starting 5 in the NBA. And then they have Larry Nance, J.R., Clarkson, and Green off the bench.

Who is worse? I admittedly don't follow the rest of the NBA heavily, but I don't see a group worse than what they have.

Phoenix and Dallas are two of the teams that come to mind, but I'd take what Phoenix has over what we have. I don't know enough about Dallas, but it sounds like they're pretty terrible.

There is not a team in the NBA that wouldn't be in at least the conference finals if you added LeBron to them.

Oh, and having Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson coming off the bench is not good. They have been invisible outside of like 3-4 combined performances for the Cavs this year. And they have been pretty terrible all playoffs long.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They'd demolish you guys with PnRs if you tried to run with that lineup. And if Love is sitting on the 3PT line, I'd just rotate P.J. Tucker onto him. Love will have issues with the Rockets. They'll attack him with PnRs. But I agree you're better off going with Love at the 5 if he's on the court. That all said, TT's superior defense likely gives you a better shot against the PnR. However, at the end of the day, I'm not sure it matters. That Cavs defense is going to get exploited somewhere. It's just too leaky.

Yeah the Cavs are going to be whooped in the finals, but I am not particularly concerned with the Love-Capela matchup. What worries me is when Love has to guard someone with a legitimate low post game like Horford, Embiid, or Cousins--to name a few off the top of my head.

Our best shot is obviously against Houston. Golden State has 4 legitimate top 25 players. The Rockets have 2. Plus the Warriors play more consistent defense. I had always heard horror stories about Harden's defense but oh my lord....I didn't really think he was THAT bad. He makes Carmelo Anthony look like Ben Wallace. I don't understand how someone that athletic and skilled can get roasted off the dribble so often. And then give zero effort to try and get back into the play. He's pretty terrible on defense. Golden State doesn't have a horrid defensive player like that. Even Curry tries.

Both teams have a solid LeBron defender. Bron is going to get his, but Igoudala always gave him fits and Durant can play some defense on him too. And then Houston has Ariza, who is a pretty pesky defender as well.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Who is worse? I admittedly don't follow the rest of the NBA heavily, but I don't see a group worse than what they have.

Phoenix and Dallas are two of the teams that come to mind, but I'd take what Phoenix has over what we have. I don't know enough about Dallas, but it sounds like they're pretty terrible.

There is not a team in the NBA that wouldn't be in at least the conference finals if you added LeBron to them.

Oh, and having Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson coming off the bench is not good. They have been invisible outside of like 3-4 combined performances for the Cavs this year. And they have been pretty terrible all playoffs long.

Nance and Clarkson aren't quality bench players on a Finals team, but they're definitely quality bench players for a mediocre or worse team. Who is worse? I'd take that Cavs team if you gave them a real coach and system over the Kings, Hawks, Magic, Bulls, Nets, and Mavs (assuming all NBA teams are healthy).

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah the Cavs are going to be whooped in the finals, but I am not particularly concerned with the Love-Capela matchup. What worries me is when Love has to guard someone with a legitimate low post game like Horford, Embiid, or Cousins--to name a few off the top of my head.

Our best shot is obviously against Houston. Golden State has 4 legitimate top 25 players. The Rockets have 2. Plus the Warriors play more consistent defense. I had always heard horror stories about Harden's defense but oh my lord....I didn't really think he was THAT bad. He makes Carmelo Anthony look like Ben Wallace. I don't understand how someone that athletic and skilled can get roasted off the dribble so often. And then give zero effort to try and get back into the play. He's pretty terrible on defense. Golden State doesn't have a horrid defensive player like that. Even Curry tries.

Both teams have a solid LeBron defender. Bron is going to get his, but Igoudala always gave him fits and Durant can play some defense on him too. And then Houston has Ariza, who is a pretty pesky defender as well.

What I'm trying to tell you is that Love won't be guarding Capela that often. The Rockets will try to force you to switch him onto Harden or Paul using PnRs. They're not just going to post Capela up on Love. That's not their offense.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

If Houston wins WCF I could see it. If the Warriors win WCF... it is not impossible but would be an upset if the Cavs win.

cavs went 7 games with the pacers and a celtics team without their 2 best players and yall expect them to possibly beat the rockets?  even without paul they not beating us.

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

cavs went 7 games with the pacers and a celtics team without their 2 best players and yall expect them to possibly beat the rockets?  even without paul they not beating us.

Well Houston isn’t winning tonight so I guess we’ll never know. 

Archived