ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

1 hour ago, Darkness said:

Ainge needs to go all in on makin AD a Celtic. Some combination of Irving, SAC 1RD, Horford, maybe a 3rd team involved, would be enough imo.

Davis

Tatum

Hayward

Brown

Rozier

That team’s talent level is close to the Warriors, with better coaching and defense 

How is that enough?  1 year of Irving and Horford and a pick that might not even convey for Anthony Davis?  That's not even close to enough.  Even if New Orleans was looking to trade Davis then they'd laugh Boston off the phone with that offer.  If you're Boston and you are trying to make an offer New Orleans can't refuse (which is what would need to happen since New Orleans has no reason to trade Davis), then Brown, Tatum, and Sacramento's pick are all having to be involved.

26 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Davis is better all around because he is at a premium position or two, hits jump shots consistently, rebounds great and defends well. Kyrie is creates his own shot as well as any player regardless of size or position, and is the most clutch scorer and shooter I have ever seen. For a point guard, Kyrie defends well, rebounds average, and passes great. At 26 years old, Irving isn't much less of an overall player than Anthony Davis. Davis is a top five current NBA player whereas Kyrie is in the lower tier of the top ten. Value wise and health wise going forward, I agree Anthony Davis is has a clear edge over Irving. Overall talent and production however, there are edges both have over the other in certain areas that makes them similar overall.

Seriously?

Davis is a much better and more impactful player than Irving.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Davis is better all around because he is at a premium position or two, hits jump shots consistently, rebounds great and defends well. Kyrie is creates his own shot as well as any player regardless of size or position, and is the most clutch scorer and shooter I have ever seen. For a point guard, Kyrie defends well, rebounds average, and passes great. At 26 years old, Irving isn't much less of an overall player than Anthony Davis. Davis is a top five current NBA player whereas Kyrie is in the lower tier of the top ten. Value wise and health wise going forward, I agree Anthony Davis is has a clear edge over Irving. Overall talent and production however, there are edges both have over the other in certain areas that makes them similar overall.

This whole post is a joke....right?

He makes a good point when he says that Kyrie Irving has shown flashes of being a good defender, but he is not better than Anthony Davis.  With that said, I think some people here are underselling the player Kyrie Irving is.  Kyrie is a great player and I think he makes the Celtics even better next year.

I disgree. The Celtics are deeper and more wel balanced from starting five to bench. Top tier talent the Warriors have superior players in Durant, Curry, and Thompson. However, the Celtics skill is more consistent throughout the roster and spread out.

You're nuts. Ask the Raptors how much depth matters. Stars matter more in basketball than any other major team sport. Nobody cares if the Celtics are deeper or have more quality players. The Warriors are better. 

Kyrie defended well this season as a member of the Boston Celtics and has defended well in previous NBA finals. Irving has also defended Isaiah Thomas well in the ECF. As for passing ability, Kyrie is good at facilitating but his individual offense is so extreme that I think he assesses a defense and chooses what to do with it a lot of the times early in the shot clock. Overall, I think Irving is a very solid distributor but overshadows it with his scoring. Davis may ultimately be more valuable but I don't think he is a far better player at all.

Kyrie is a mediocre at best defender, and he's an average passer for a PG. Him and AD aren't close.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

LeBron scored like 21 points in the fourth quarter and then like 21 points the rest of the game.  For the Cavs to win in Boston, he might have to score 60.

I don't think so. He doesn't even need to score 40 to win. What needs to happen is he needs to control the tempo of the game and limit the Celtics transition points. He could score in the high 20s and the Cavs could win, but they can't win if the Cavs are getting nothing inside the paint and turn it over 15 times. Celtics have outplayed the Cavs and look like the better team, but there are certain things the Cavs could do better that will give them opportunities to get back in the series. Cavs aren't going up against a juggernaut like the Warriors, just a very well coached ball club that is on point right now. 

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

He makes a good point when he says that Kyrie Irving has shown flashes of being a good defender, but he is not better than Anthony Davis.  With that said, I think some people here are underselling the player Kyrie Irving is.  Kyrie is a great player and I think he makes the Celtics even better next year.

Nobody is saying Kyrie is garbage. He's a great pure scorer and shot creator, but beyond that, he doesn't really stand out. His defense is mediocre and inconsistent. His passing and court vision are average for his position. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Nobody is saying Kyrie is garbage. He's a great pure scorer and shot creator, but beyond that, he doesn't really stand out. His defense is mediocre and inconsistent. His passing and court vision are average for his position. 

I feel like Irving's court vision or passing isn't average, he just doesn't pass the ball as much as he probably should.  But yea, his pure scoring ability and ability to create offense is something I feel like the Celtics will miss and have missed on the road in the postseason and if they make it to the next round.  This team is going to be so much better next year, I wouldn't trade Kyrie Irving.

Just now, showtime said:

I feel like Irving's court vision or passing isn't average, he just doesn't pass the ball as much as he probably should.  But yea, his pure scoring ability and ability to create offense is something I feel like the Celtics will miss and have missed on the road in the postseason and if they make it to the next round.  This team is going to be so much better next year, I wouldn't trade Kyrie Irving.

Showtime, c'mon, my friend. Him not looking to pass and not seeing openings when he should is an indictment of both those abilities.

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Showtime, c'mon, my friend. Him not looking to pass and not seeing openings when he should is an indictment of both those abilities.

Yeah, even if Rozier isn't actually a better player than him, he certainly seems like a smarter player at times. There was a play at the tail end of the game last night where Rozier caught the ball on the wing and had a defender running at him. In that same situation Kyrie would have most likely either jacked up the three or tried to take it to the rim (ignoring how much time was on the clock). Rozier faked, slipped the defender, gathered, looked to pass, and when he got the second defender to look away, he took it to the rim (killing clock in the process). Those are just small details that Kyrie still seems to lack in his game. Maybe playing a full season under Stevens might have changed that, but who knows.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

The Pelicans need to trade AD

they're not going to the finals this is the Warriors decade

If I'm Boston I'm offering

Brown, Rozier, and Tatum 

straight up for AD

The Celtics would be better off staying put and not getting Davis. In fact I’d rather trade Hayward and Irving straight up for Davis over the young guys. 

Tatum is out of the question, Brown should be. 

Hayward/Kyrie, Rozier and the 2019 for Davis is the most I’d go. 

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I didn't suggest Irving is a better player or defender or rebounder than Anthony Davis. I'm just comparing two top 10 players.

Archived