ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

LeBron flops and exaggerates too, but he gets the calls. Him and Harden are officiated differently than basically the rest of the entire NBA.

All of the NBA's stars get this treatment. If Steph Curry magically grew into a man and drove hard to the paint, he'd be getting the same amount of calls. But your GS team just wants to play perimeter vagball for 4 quarters. They would get more calls in their favor if they drove to the basket consistently. Now am I suggesting that Curry and Klay drive to the hoop violently more often? No, it doesn't suit their game and they're going to win a championship doing what they're doing. But there are perks to being bigger and stronger than everyone else and having a rough & tumble, aggressive, attack-style offensive game. Being passive and shooting jumpers isn't going to get you the same amount of calls. I guarantee you if Steph or Klay were more physical and drove hard for layups, they'd be getting the same calls.

LeBron does some really irritating things as a fan of his (whine after no-calls, play hard selectively, lay on the ground like he's been shot after being grazed...), but I never really thought he flopped any more than anyone else in the NBA. LeFlop seems like a terrible nickname. LeFragile or something like that would make more sense if you're trying to target him. Oh, and referees are terrible. You're not trying if you aren't flopping. I harbor no ill will for anyone trying to flop in the NBA. It's the equivalent of your offensive line holding the defensive line in football. If you can con the refs into not seeing you cheat, you give your team a better chance to succeed. If the refs are bad enough to reward guys for flopping, take advantage of it. It drives me crazy when it works against my team, but I don't fault players for doing it. I just think it's funny that LeBron gets accused of being the biggest flopper in the NBA. That's simply not true. I'm more than willing to crap on LBJ for his faults, of which there are many....but flopping is not something he does any more than anyone else. He overreacts to contact, but it's after the whistle already happens. That's not flopping.

Marcus Smart got blasted twice tonight and I don't really think either one was a foul. Neither of Bron's elbows to him were malicious or in any way an effort to create space. They were incidental based on Smart's positioning and the way the ball bounced. Are these sometimes called fouls regardless? Yeah, but I think that's a terrible call if that's the case. LeBron grabbed the ball off a miss in chaos, 180 turns and lays it in and Smart's face his LeBron's elbow during his 180 spin layup. It's not like he collected the rebound, Smart was pestering him, and he swung an elbow at him to clear him out. It was unintentional and in no way gave LeBron any advantage.

Oh, and not that any people in this forum are that dumb other than maybe @Speed_Wrench who implied this in 2016, but the NBA is not rigged. The referees don't care who wins what game and they can't make the Celtics miss layups and the Cavs hit 3 pointers. The idea that the NBA is rigged or that the referees show favoritism to certain teams for drama & series prolonging is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever seen. Blaming the refs for a loss is ALWAYS a bad look. Yes the refereeing in the NBA is incompetent. But it's incompetent across the board, not because of some league agenda.

4 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

If Lebron got hit in the face we'd still be on commercial break waiting for him to get up off the court 

This is true. He will exaggerate the heck out of a shot for some reason. Seems to not care if people think he's a vag. Like dude, you got grazed in the hairline. You'll be perfectly fine. He touches his face like, "oh, thank God everything is still there! I thought he took my nose off" every time he gets touched. It's strange he doesn't have more pride and realize what a female hole he looks like when he does that. That being said, a lot of NBA players do this. The difference is that they aren't 6'9 265. It's the most annoying thing about LeBron to me, as one of his biggest supporters. Oh, and the fact that he doesn't post up whatever SF is guarding him every single play. Because he would score 50 points a game or have 20 assists a game if he actually developed a truly consistent post game.

5 hours ago, JMG5 said:

As long as they win Game 5 they will. No chance this Cavs team beats the Celtics in Game 7 in Boston.

How the hell can you say no chance?

IMO with the make up of both teams. If this series goes to 7 games, I would say that would benefit the Cavs. Cavs have the experience in playing in a game of that  magnitude, where 4 starters started game7 vs the Warriors in ‘16. 

If Irving was playing I would see favoring the Celtics but Lebron in a game 7 to get to the finals vs this young of a Boston team. Awfully hard to bet against James in this situation. 

2-2 back to Boston. Don't know what the hell kind of defensive performance the Celtics put on the last two games, was so out of character. Interested to see what Stevens does with Rozier; Lebron is currently giving the IT treatment and switching onto him waaaay too often for my liking. I'd almost roll with Smart, even if the offense struggles.

Jaylen, Brown, and Hortford have looked very timid to start these last couple games on the road. Got to think (or hope) that's going to change at home. These last two games are why I laugh when people say we should move Kyrie because of Rozier. He found his shot late, but he is not the same player on the road right now. You can't control or shut down a scorer like Kyrie Irving, regardless of the gym you're playing in. These next couple games...game 6's and potential game 7's in the ECF...that's when you need a scorer like Irving.

Hats off to the Cavs, though. They looked like a completely different team at home, way more defensive effort, and spreading the ball around. Best 2/3 for the NBA finals, two in Boston. I still love Boston's chances.

41 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

2-2 back to Boston. Don't know what the hell kind of defensive performance the Celtics put on the last two games, was so out of character. Interested to see what Stevens does with Rozier; Lebron is currently giving the IT treatment and switching onto him waaaay too often for my liking. I'd almost roll with Smart, even if the offense struggles.

Jaylen, Brown, and Hortford have looked very timid to start these last couple games on the road. Got to think (or hope) that's going to change at home. These last two games are why I laugh when people say we should move Kyrie because of Rozier. He found his shot late, but he is not the same player on the road right now. You can't control or shut down a scorer like Kyrie Irving, regardless of the gym you're playing in. These next couple games...game 6's and potential game 7's in the ECF...that's when you need a scorer like Irving.

Hats off to the Cavs, though. They looked like a completely different team at home, way more defensive effort, and spreading the ball around. Best 2/3 for the NBA finals, two in Boston. I still love Boston's chances.

Rolling with Smart would be exactly what the Cavs would want tho. 

Brown and Tatum might change but I don’t know about Horford. Before the series started it was well known that horford has struggled vs the Cavs when TT was starting and was assigned to defending him. Shut him down in ATL ECF and shut him down last year. A lot of people thought TT would get the starts this series because of that but Ty rolled out the unit that played so well vs Toronto. When Ty saw that Unit struggle and the way he saw TT D up horford in parts of game 2, Ty finally made the change to start TT on Horford. To me I also thought Boston was at its best when they were able to run it through Horford because he opens so much for them. You take Horford out of the game and it changes a lot for Boston. It’s not surprising to see Horford getting neutralized by TT and it having a huge impact on the rest of the team. 

I think a big hats off has to go to Ty these past two games. Finally made that switch and has really improved the defensive scheme to help take out Tatum a little bit and force others. Dude is a stud tho

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

This is true. He will exaggerate the heck out of a shot for some reason. Seems to not care if people think he's a vag. Like dude, you got grazed in the hairline. You'll be perfectly fine. He touches his face like, "oh, thank God everything is still there! I thought he took my nose off" every time he gets touched. It's strange he doesn't have more pride and realize what a female hole he looks like when he does that. That being said, a lot of NBA players do this. The difference is that they aren't 6'9 265. It's the most annoying thing about LeBron to me, as one of his biggest supporters. Oh, and the fact that he doesn't post up whatever SF is guarding him every single play. Because he would score 50 points a game or have 20 assists a game if he actually developed a truly consistent post game.

The hairline? What is this hairline you speak of?

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Someone send out a search party for  @Troy Brown, he was so loud during first 2 games, I can't imagine why we aren't hearing from him!

the reason for this, while convenient, is i was lucky enough to have those nights off. i disappeared during the 6ers series too. not my fault they gave em a whole damn summer vacation off between games 2 and 3. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Tell him to bring some of that lobstah mac and cheese he was hyping up earlier. 

some nice bread crumbs on top, a splendid cheese blend and some alien *** looking crustacean 

but on last night's docket was crispy pepperoni za and a nice collection of sweet chili wings with a side of ranch dipping sauce to be drowned out by trey stone IPAs which also were used to soak my sorrows because HOW MANY DUNKS AND FREE THROWS CAN YOU MISS

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

All of the NBA's stars get this treatment. If Steph Curry magically grew into a man and drove hard to the paint, he'd be getting the same amount of calls. But your GS team just wants to play perimeter vagball for 4 quarters. They would get more calls in their favor if they drove to the basket consistently. Now am I suggesting that Curry and Klay drive to the hoop violently more often? No, it doesn't suit their game and they're going to win a championship doing what they're doing. But there are perks to being bigger and stronger than everyone else and having a rough & tumble, aggressive, attack-style offensive game. Being passive and shooting jumpers isn't going to get you the same amount of calls. I guarantee you if Steph or Klay were more physical and drove hard for layups, they'd be getting the same calls.

Steph does drive the lane. He's been driving quite a bit during the current series. He still isn't getting the same calls.

Archived