USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Attn: @Bigbear72 & @winitall

RE: Trade

@sammymvpknight & I have disused this trade & neither of us recalls a trade involving draft picks being traded for more than 1 year out. 

That said, this trade will be nixed & you will need to re-work the trade.   

Trading 2021 picks are fine, but 2022 are not at point in time.

We can try to rework the deal if that is what you guys require. I do believe there is some evidence that it has been allowed before. The 2019 draft thread has a link to page 12 of this thread that has details on a trade between Sammy and Chisoxguy. They exchanged picks more than a year in advance. Obviously I will concede that there is a difference between acquiring a 1st versus a 4th, but I think it sets some precedent. Does that change anything?

On 10/31/2017 at 10:49 PM, chisoxguy7 said:

Trade announcement:

@sammymvpknight trades: 

Chris Hogan, Alex Collins, 2018 4th, 2019 4th

Chisoxguy7 trades: Aaron Jones, 2018 6th, 2019 6th

I agree.

@sammymvpknight @WE-R-Lions @winitall

Indeed.  There is precedent.  In this case I think the rounds that the picks are in is irrelevant.  Future picks of more than a year were traded.  Also if there was never a rule in place that states that this could not be done I wouldn't believe that it would not be fair to impose.  If we would like to go that route in the future then I believe that is something the league should vote on.