Top 10 RB

Scout

9 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Rick Spielman

The Vikings GM? So ur saying that since he drafted Cook over Kamara, it implies if there was a redraft he would once again make the same decision? Lol, amazing logic, I'm sure the Bills would certainly redraft Sammy Watkins before Beckham again, or the Browns would take Justin Gilbert over Marcus Peters, because they originally drafted them before...

9 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Not that I dislike Alvin Kamara, but why would most NFL GM's not pick an all-around, workhorse back like Dalvin Cook over a 3rd down/change of pace back like Alvin Kamara?

3rd down change of pace back? This has to be a joke, either a joke or u have never watched Kamara. Kamara will just as easily truck u over than he will juke u out of ur cleats, or run up the gut, as he will embarass whoever u try to put on him to cover him. Kamara has zero weaknesses, he can run inside, outside, catch, and pass block. 

Once again, no one in the NFL is taking Cook over Kamara, no one. Not a single GM or coach. 

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're joking right?

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

You clearly haven’t watched much Alvin Kamara. 

37 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

3rd down change of pace back? This has to be a joke, either a joke or u have never watched Kamara. 

You guys are sensitive as hell. 

As good as Kamara looked last year, he has yet to prove he’s a workhorse, every down back. You can talk about how he could this season or has in doses last season, but he hasn’t proven it yet. It’s one thing to project he will be one and it’s another to scoff at people saying he won’t be. 

Carries per game: 

Alvin Kamara - 7.5 (2017, 16 games).

Gio Bernard - 10.6 (2013, 16 games), 12.9 (2014, 13 games), 9.6 (2015, 16 games), 9.1 (2016, 10 games), 6.6 (2017, 16 games). 

Christian McCaffrey - 7.3 (2017, 16 games).

Theo Riddick - 2.7 (2015, 16 games), 9.2 (2016, 10 games), 5.3 (2017, 16 games).

Jerrick McKinnon - 10.6 (2016, 15 games), 9.4 (2017, 16 games). 

I know you’ll all say that it’s his skill set and his ability to run that separates him from these guys, but fact of the matter is, he hasn’t proven the ability to be a work horse, everydown back yet. There’s really no room for debate on the fact that it hasn’t happened.

Alvin Kamara has more lovers in this forum than any player I've ever seen. You're not allowed to question his dominance without being chastised. He's really good, but I don't think it's ridiculous at all to say you'd take 10 RB's over him. If you want a dual-threat RB, then he absolutely goes in the top 10. If you want a guy that can grind up yards inside and provide metaphorical jabs to a defense, Kamara is nowhere near your top 10. It's not that crazy to keep him off these lists. I'd probably have him on there somewhere (didn't make a list), but it's not the end of the world that others don't, Saints fans.

1 hour ago, GamedayGuru said:

Once again, no one in the NFL is taking Cook over Kamara, no one. Not a single GM or coach. 

lol how do you know this? Because it's your personal opinion? These are the ridiculous comments that irritate the heck out of me. Most GM's would probably take Kamara, but I guarantee you not all 32 teams share that sentiment.

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

As good as Kamara looked last year, he has yet to prove he’s a workhorse, every down back. You can talk about how he could this season or has in doses last season, but he hasn’t proven it yet. It’s one thing to project he will be one and it’s another to scoff at people saying he won’t be. 

Carries per game: 

Gio Bernard - 10.6 (2013, 16 games), 12.9 (2014, 13 games), 9.6 (2015, 16 games), 9.1 (2016, 10 games), 6.6 (2017, 16 games). 

Theo Riddick - 2.7 (2015, 16 games), 9.2 (2016, 10 games), 5.3 (2017, 16 games).

I know you’ll all say that it’s his skill set and his ability to run that separates him from these guys, but fact of the matter is, he hasn’t proven the ability to be a work horse, everydown back yet. There’s really no room for debate on the fact that it hasn’t happened.

What do any of those players having similar carries per game matter, when none of them were nearly as productive on those carries as Kamara? Like, that's a completely random assortment of players you pulled. Why are we mentioning Theo Riddick, for instance, when he has never topped 4.0 YPA in a single season? What on earth does he have to do with whether or not Kamara can handle a larger workload? It's not like Riddick was an absurdly efficient player who was given a heavier workload and then failed. Your point doesn't connect to your stats at all.

And besides, this isn't the early 2000s anymore. Few teams have the expectation that their lead back handles 350 - 400 touches anymore. Kamara had 200, and occasional kick return duties. He's 4 or 5 touches per game away from the workload of a guy like Devonta Freeman or Jay Ajayi. And there's no rational reason nor historical evidence to believe that those 4-5 touches will suddenly tank his efficiency. Regression to the mean and some more attention will probably dip his efficiency, sure. But the premise of needing to prove you can be a workhorse is one part non-sense, one part 15 years out of date. I remember this argument years ago when Charles was pulling in less carries than Thomas Jones. It was poor logic then and it's poor logic now.

7 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

The Vikings GM? So ur saying that since he drafted Cook over Kamara, it implies if there was a redraft he would once again make the same decision? Lol, amazing logic, I'm sure the Bills would certainly redraft Sammy Watkins before Beckham again, or the Browns would take Justin Gilbert over Marcus Peters, because they originally drafted them before...

You owe me a truck. Since Fords are overpriced garbage please drive the truck into a lake!

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Carries per game: 

Kamara doesn’t even need to be a “workhorse” back to put up elite production. Not sure how that could be used against him. Kamara put up better production than many “top 10” RBs with about half the work. You don’t see how insane that is? If Kamara was selected where Fournette was draft...people would already be questioning if he is not only top 10, but if he is the best RB in the NFL. Even if every indication is pointing toward the NFL scouts being very wrong on Kamara...there is natural skepticism and people tend to use it as a tie breaker  

And why should we consider Dalvin Cook a workhorse? The guy tore up his knee the first quarter of the season as a “workhorse”. Isn’t the argument that Kamara hasn’t proven that he could “hold up”? Well...Cook didn’t hold up. And now not only does the guy have personality red flags, he also has a history of ACL which puts him at muncher higher risk of tearing either the same or contralateral knee.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

And why should we consider Dalvin Cook a workhorse? The guy tore up his knee the first quarter of the season as a “workhorse”. Isn’t the argument that Kamara hasn’t proven that he could “hold up”? Well...Cook didn’t hold up. And now not only does the guy have personality red flags, he also has a history of ACL which puts him at muncher higher risk of tearing either the same or contralateral knee.

You couldn't be more uninformed about  Dalvin Cook if you tried. There are ZERO personality flags. We have arguably the best training staff in the NFL. Harvin and Peterson came back and had no problem with their history of ACL's. Cook will be just fine and easily better than Kamara

7 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

You couldn't be more uninformed about  Dalvin Cook if you tried. There are ZERO personality flags. We have arguably the best training staff in the NFL. Harvin and Peterson came back and had no problem with their history of ACL's. Cook will be just fine and easily better than Kamara

I’m an FSU fan. Of course there are personality red flags. I’m actually a big Dalvin Cook fan...but he’s not as talented as Kamara. But again...Kamara is pretty special, so that’s not saying that Cook is trash. 

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m an FSU fan. Of course there are personality red flags. I’m actually a big Dalvin Cook fan...but he’s not as talented as Kamara. But again...Kamara is pretty special, so that’s not saying that Cook is trash. 

Adrian Peterson was special. Kamara is just a running back working in a system with one of the best QB's of all time.

Just now, TENINCH said:

Adrian Peterson was special. Kamara is just a running back working in a system with one of the best QB's of all time.

The system is handing the ball off or dumping it off to Kamara, and watching him accelerate and slip a few tackles for a quick 8 yard gain. 

Last year, Kamara was obviously behind Ingram in terms of carries. In 2016, Kamara had 103 carries, behind Jalen Herd's 122 carries and their QB Dobbs' 150 carries. In 2015, Kamara had 107 carries. Again behind Herd's 277 carries and Dobbs' 146. 

I don't think it's absurd to question whether or not Kamara can handle the load as the feature RB.

34 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Last year, Kamara was obviously behind Ingram in terms of carries. In 2016, Kamara had 103 carries, behind Jalen Herd's 122 carries and their QB Dobbs' 150 carries. In 2015, Kamara had 107 carries. Again behind Herd's 277 carries and Dobbs' 146. 

I don't think it's absurd to question whether or not Kamara can handle the load as the feature RB.

He doesn’t have to carry the load. There’s a factory. Factory worker A works full time and builds 100 of product X. Factory worker 2 works part time and builds 110 of product X. Which is the better factory worker?

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

He doesn’t have to carry the load. There’s a factory. Factory worker A works full time and builds 100 of product X. Factory worker 2 works part time and builds 110 of product X. Which is the better factory worker?

Someone's gonna have to carry the load while Ingram is suspended the first four games. Is gonna be Boston Scott? Daniel Lasco? Jonathan Williams? Trey Edmunds? Terrance West?

Archived