Top 10 4-3 DT/3-4 DE & NT

Scout

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think people are underrating Donald here. His raw pressure numbers and disruption are pretty incredible. I'd argue Watt-like. It's not about the numbers. With the eye test, I'd say Donald is close enough to be in the conversation.

Not mention he missed a game and all of camp. And rams had so many leads we rested guys. Donald is so good is just a freak. Watt is coming off the edge against TE-RBs. Not discredit him

because the man had eye popping numbers. But he did go against Weaker opponents at times not all the time! But he did as all edge rushers do! But Donald he’s going up against your C-G all the time. All the time. 

The crazy thing is that Donald is just getting better and broke PFF grading numbers over Watt IIRC. Which is nutty. Who misses all of

camp and week one and comes in like its nothing? That’s just insane. Love Watt but that man is dead and gone.

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think people are underrating Donald here. His raw pressure numbers and disruption are pretty incredible. I'd argue Watt-like. It's not about the numbers. With the eye test, I'd say Donald is close enough to be in the conversation.

Well, his numbers are nowhere near Watt's, and as for the eye-test, it is pretty similar in interior pressure. But what about all the other stuff? What about pass deflections, blowing up run game from 3 different tech positions? Donald is insane, but Watt was other-worldly.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, his numbers are nowhere near Watt's, and as for the eye-test, it is pretty similar in interior pressure. But what about all the other stuff? What about pass deflections, blowing up run game from 3 different tech positions? Donald is insane, but Watt was other-worldly.

Its almost guaranteed he has a JJ Watt screensaver, A JJ Watt tattoo, and will name his first born son JJ.

11 hours ago, El ramster said:

Not mention he missed a game and all of camp. And rams had so many leads we rested guys. Donald is so good is just a freak. Watt is coming off the edge against TE-RBs. Not discredit him

200w.gif

because the man had eye popping numbers. But he did go against Weaker opponents at times not all the time! But he did as all edge rushers do! But Donald he’s going up against your C-G all the time. All the time. 

When did Watt become a pure edge rusher? When did the guard/center become a harder pass rush assignment than a tackle? When did the offensive lines in the NFC West become some sort of stone wall? When is there going to be a good point made in this post?

The crazy thing is that Donald is just getting better and broke PFF grading numbers over Watt IIRC. Which is nutty. Who misses all of camp and week one and comes in like its nothing? That’s just insane. Love Watt but that man is dead and gone.

No doubt Donald’s a beast. And no doubt Watt’s probably never getting back to his peak levels at this point because of his injuries and age. But there’s also no doubt that current Donald hasn’t shown to be close to Watt in his prime.

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Its almost guaranteed he has a JJ Watt screensaver, A JJ Watt tattoo, and will name his first born son JJ.

On 09/06/2018 at 1:31 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

So......should we just call this the JJ Watt thread?

.".You people kill me with this Watt crap, yes he's good but to blindly put him over established HOF'r is just plain disrespectful to this game and its great past."

Keep crying MSU. No idea what your problem is with Watt (I can guess), but just keep that blind eye active, yeah? Look around at what everyone is saying. Check the numbers. Watch footage. 

21 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No idea what your problem is with Watt (I can guess), 

Zero problem at all with Watt the player, its people like you slobing him making him more than what he is,that's the problem. Did he have a great stretch? Yes, is he a HOF'r ? Yes, that's it..... That otherworldly, ungodly and other fan boy adjectives need to stop

43 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Zero problem at all with Watt the player, its people like you slobing him making him more than what he is,that's the problem. Did he have a great stretch? Yes, is he a HOF'r ? Yes, that's it..... That otherworldly, ungodly and other fan boy adjectives need to stop

I think it's an appropriate way to describe a player who's achieved things no one else ever has. Is it hyperbolic? Yes, but so is "he's a beast....he's not fair.....a freak!" Etc. This is common language for football fans. I suspect it's annoying you more than others because of the player in question.

17 hours ago, El ramster said:

Watt is coming off the edge against TE-RBs. Not discredit him

...what? Dude lined up as a 5 tech, 3 tech on nickel packages, over the C on big packages... JD Clowney and Whitney Mercilius play those outside edges, Watt roved around all along the DL. 

Who misses all of camp and week one and comes in like its nothing?

Watt, his 2nd season. 

Love Watt but that man is dead and gone.

Could be the case, but the man we remember was a unicorn. We're not going to see this again, UNLESS Clowney develops to his athleticism.

9 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

...what? Dude lined up as a 5 tech, 3 tech on nickel packages, over the C on big packages... JD Clowney and Whitney Mercilius play those outside edges, Watt roved around all along the DL. 

Watt, his 2nd season. 

Could be the case, but the man we remember was a unicorn. We're not going to see this again, UNLESS Clowney develops to his athleticism.

Clowney LOL? 

Archived