Deshone Kizer Appreciation Thread

FGK

34 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

A lot about Kizer up front, but great breakdown of the rookie QB class' performance last week.

Love this guy's analysis, and wanted you guys to see this. 

I enjoyed his breakdown and from watching the film (I didn't get to watch the game) he should have had better stats. A couple drops hurt him. 

48 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

A lot about Kizer up front, but great breakdown of the rookie QB class' performance last week.

Love this guy's analysis, and wanted you guys to see this. 

Yeah...that guy's (Brett Kollmann) breakdown are really awesome.  He had some predraft breakdowns on Jabrill Peppers, Malik Hooker, and Jamal Adams that were amazing and informative

13 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Yeah...that guy's (Brett Kollmann) breakdown are really awesome.  He had some predraft breakdowns on Jabrill Peppers, Malik Hooker, and Jamal Adams that were amazing and informative

His piece on Peppers turned my view around 180.  

funny-ice-cube-first-i-was-like-but-then

Couldn't be happier with the value we got Kizer at in the second considering he was mostly regarded as the best qb coming out just after the season ended before all the silly season - around the underwear olympics and his coach doing him dirty we saw his stock drop based on things other than his play.

I know it's early but i'm holding out hope that we finally have hit a homerun here, god knows we deserve it with as many swings at the plate as we've had.

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I'm also a big fan of Kollmanns work, that Peppers video really changed my whole perspective on him as a prospect. I didn't pay enough attention to Michigan and thought he was completely overated prior to watching it. He does a great job of explaning how he was used in that system and just how effective he can be.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:23 AM, buno67 said:

I know it was crazy when it was first brought up because of his size and everything early on but last night I saw it.

watching the cut up of just his passes, some of the things he was doing really reminded me a little bit of Big Ben. If you watch his bomb that got to the Browns to the one yard line, the way he moved in the pocket, utilized the pump fake,' and the way he loaded up, it reminded me of Big Ben. 

As I have said in other forums, brother, the time has come for another jersey number 7 to take over the division........

That being said, I think the trickiest thing for Hue to determine is when he inserts DeShone as his starter. This needs to be carefully planned out because that is a bell that you cannot un-ring. Once you make that switch, you must have the intestinal fortitude to live with the on the field mistakes which are bound to happen. If Brock struggles you can easily switch to Kizer without any push back - However, if you start Kizer before he is ready and he struggles - you may have retarded his growth by a season or two - if not ruined him. That's why Hue gets the big bucks.

Did I love what happened last Thursday night? Ab-so-freaking-lutely! But we need to remember that DeShone has yet to face quality back up NFL rostered players, let alone starters. And those guys are having the reins held back on them as far as scheming goes too. Monday night will tell us a lot more .

I think Hue is handling Kizer perfectly so far. It would have been easy to start him Monday against the Giants but I think progressing him at a slower pace is the way to go. He showed very well with the 3s, so move him up a slot and see if he can play well again. Rushing Kizer doesn't help anyone, especially him. Not immediately naming him starter reminds him he's still got work to do but he's also getting some reps with the starters in practice, which I think is important as well. I'm still not sure if I want him to start week one or not, Monday should shed some more light on that hopefully.

10 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Great post Ditch. You wanna know the best part of this post? We always tend to overvalue our own players or prospects. Brett Kollman in a California guy with no ties to NE Ohio or the Browns - and yet he is still very effusive in his praise of Kizer. I think it is genuine.

Archived