Top 10 NFL rookies that will exceed expectations?

Luckycolts

On 7/20/2018 at 3:43 AM, Deekster37 said:

Rashad Penny

Courtland Sutton/Josey Jewell

Josh Allen

Leighton Vander Esch/Micheal Gallup

Kalen Ballage

Christian Sam

Luke Falk

Tavarus McFadden

Do you really think Falk will exceed expectations as a rookie specifically? I had a really high grade (tied with Jackson and Allen) on him but I doubt he sees the field much.

I would never pick a rookie Wr to do well UNLESS they could run good routes in college.  I think that narrows it down to  Ridley, Miller and Gallup.  Unless the Wr is amazingly smart, there is too much to pick up in one year with route trees and running proper routes.  Rookie WR tend to break out in the 2nd half ( or later)of the season.

I think DaeSean Hamilton will be a good WR but he does not have a decent QB throwing to him.  Mike Gesicki will surprise.

i would also want to know what the expectations for them are.  Most would be around 400-500 yards and 25-35 catches.  RBs have an easier time breaking out

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Luckycolts said:

Crazy nobody really mentioning Dante Pettis. Hes a SLEEPER

Mainly because he's a bit buried (at best Wr3 on the depth chart to start the season, and not at all out of the realm of possibility he's WR4 or WR5 if you consider the slot man as WR3), and I think the strength of the 49er offense will be it's depth and distribution of balls to everyone. There are a lot of solid mouths to feed in SF, and only 1 ball. Goodwin is Jimmy G's favorite target. I would suspect that McKinnon nabs close to 70 balls out of the backfield. Kittle and Celek should eat up a lot of red zone targets and seam work, while Trent Taylor will see a lot of third down targets underneath. 

Pettis has looked great in camp. 

2 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Anthony Miller>>>Dante Pettis 

Too early to tell that who the better player is as that could take a couple of years (I liked Miller more in the draft, but Pettis is an ideal fit for Shanny's scheme which should help him out a ton career wise), but if I had to bet money, I'd certainly take Miller over Pettis to have the better season. I think there's too much work for Pettis to do and too many bodies to step over to make considerable noise this year for him. 

Tremaine Edmunds

He was drafted highly, but everything out of camp suggests he will be special.  Like, one of the best LBs in the NFL very quickly kind of special.  

Harold Landry

He will definitely outplay his draft spot.  

If there were two guys from the second round that I think will be special, it would be Landry and Guice.

Oren Burks

Also, with the injury to Jake Ryan, Burks will get a lot more playing time and I think he could be a perfect new age linebacker.

From one game I have a rookie that has exceeded expectations.  Olasunkanmi Adeniyi, UDFA Toledo.  Realizing that he was going against Mailata, he looked like a young James Harrison.  Strong bull rush that caused QB fumble.  Strong vs the run.  When i reviewed him in college I said he played mad and played like Jame Harrison.  He needs to add strength and ability to use his hands better but he looked really good last night.

for the niners i will add Julian Taylor DT, hes a 7th round pick who has been given first team reps. played the whole game last night and shined. If Armstead cant make it back on the field he might lose his job the Taylor who everyone is raving about.

Archived